IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PPS ticket

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Not said who I am am or date how would they trace it?

Wow!!

Nineteen threads started on the Parking board and still you ask questions like that?
  • surveyor_101
    surveyor_101 Posts: 189 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    does anyone have a letter template for writing to the landowner.

I have submitted an appeal for my car with PPS.

I have one thats a tad aggressive and demands compo for data protection breaches.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 April 2018 at 6:03PM

There isn't one.

A person with your experience can surely write a simple letter - or even use the forum's search facility.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    try the sticky thread SUCCESSFUL COMPLAINTS, that probably has some in it
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 17 April 2018 at 5:40PM
    You could find one by reading the thread linked in the NEWBIES thread, called:

SUCCESSFUL COMPLAINTS ABOUT PPCS

...as people in those threads might have shown their letter.

But seriously, I wouldn't. You want to write from the heart, in your own words.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • So they have decline my appeal letter from newbies and offered IAS.

They say the grace period is 10 minutes or thought the county ground website states 15 mins.

They have sent photos of the vehicle and not address my comments with regard to the ANPR footage showing the vehicle partly onsite and partly 9n public highway.
  • surveyor_101
    edited 12 April 2018 at 5:51PM
    Their response>

Re: Parking Charge Notice Number )
    Site: The Cooper Associates County Ground, Taunton Issue date:

Further to your appeal received on /2018 regarding the above parking charge, I have now had the opportunity to review this case and my findings are below.

Parking on this site is only for authorised users. These conditions are clearly displayed on the signage on site. As this vehicle was not authorised to park at this site due to the paid session expiring, we uphold the decision to issue the parking charge notice.

Firstly, you should be aware that if the driver fails to acknowledge their liability in relation to this matter, the registered keeper of the vehicle may become liable to pay any unpaid charges in accordance with the Protection of Freedom Act 2012.

If the driver wishes to appeal the parking charge they must do so directly to us within 21 days (beginning with the day after that on which the "Notice To Keeper" was issued). When appealing, the driver must supply a serviceable UK address.

Secondly, after considering the reply to your queries you wish to submit an appeal to us, either as Keeper or driver, you must do so within 21 days (beginning with the day after that on which the "Notice to Keeper" was issued.

1. No.
    2. Please find the enclosed photographs of the signage.
    3. Please find the enclosed photographs taken of the vehicle entering and leaving the site.
    The PCN has been issued as the paid for session expired.
    The ANPR cameras captured the vehicle entered the site at 07:58 on and leaving at 16:00 the same day.

We have searched our systems and can we see the payment that was made to authorise the stay of vehicle registration BBBBBB

Premier Parking Solutions Ltd Registered in England & Wales No. 06659134 VAT Number 938 2565 92

The parking session paid for expired at **** some 70 minutes before the vehicle exited the site.

We allow a 10 minute grace period on expired sessions which is enough time to purchase another valid ticket for parking and to return to your vehicle to display the valid ticket in windscreen, to activate a valid RingGo session to extend your stay or to remove your vehicle from site, as the conditions of parking states that this is a requirement of parking.

It was found that the parking session for this vehicle had expired and, as such, the vehicle was therefore not authorised to be parked on site. On this occasion more than 10 minutes grace was given and I therefore find that this charge had been issued correctly.

Payment for parking is just one of the terms and conditions of parking. For a vehicle to be authorised to park at this site all the terms and conditions of parking must be adhered to.
    The pay and display site is operated by cameras and therefore if the vehicle has not been authorised to park on site then a charge will be issued.

We are therefore unable to cancel the Parking Charge Notice as it was issued correctly. Please forward a payment of £60 to reach us by or £100 to reach us by in order to avoid Debt Recovery proceedings; incurring additional costs.

Payments can be made by cheque or postal order - payable to Premier Parking Solutions Ltd, or on our website - https://www.pps.uk.com

You have now reached the end of our internal appeals procedure.
    Should you wish to appeal this matter further, the Independent Appeals Service (https://www.theIAS.org) provides an Alternative Dispute Resolution scheme for disputes of this type. As you have complied with our internal appeals procedure you may use, and we will engage with, the IAS Standard Appeals Service providing you lodge an appeal to them within 21 days of this rejection.

Please note that if you wish to appeal to the Independent Appeal Service (IAS), you will lose the right to pay the charge at the discounted rate of £60, and, should IAS!!!8217;s decision not go in your favour, you will be required to pay the full amount of £100. By appealing to the IAS you consent to PPS sharing all data that relates to this case with IAS, and if necessary with the IPC and DVLA.

However, if your appeal is dismissed by IAS, we will use their adjudication in future Court proceedings, which may commence without delay and further costs may be added.
    Please be aware that if you pay the parking charge at either the full or reduced amount, you will not be allowed to appeal the matter to IAS.

If you choose to do nothing, we will seek to recover the monies owed to us via our debt recovery procedures and may proceed with Court action against you.
    Yours sincerely,
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,326 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    However, if your appeal is dismissed by IAS, we will use their adjudication in future Court proceedings, which may commence without delay and further costs may be added.
    As your appeal will almost certainly be dismissed by the IAS, that's one very good reason why not to appeal to the IAS.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • surveyor_101
    edited 12 April 2018 at 6:06PM
    They have not addressed my additional comments that ANPR photos show the vehicle partially in site and partial on the footpath.

Also the county ground website states 15 minutes grace.

They have confirmed that the charge is not for breach of contract by putting no.

So what is the charge for ?

http://www.somersetcountycc.co.uk/news/club-news/changes-parking-cooper-associates-county-ground/
  • Just used a Letter before legal action to the landowners that i have used to success before.

lets see if that does the trick
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport