Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    edited 4 September 2017 at 9:34PM
    Haven't joined in any of the previous threads but am on slimming world (joined jan 2017) and my target for halloween is 9lb which would take me to target.

9lb target

Evening and welcome.

We are a friendly bunch.... well bubbs is the gobby one!
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Evening all
    Thanks Kathryn for the shiny new thread. Sorry to hear you aren't feeling too good- been there, done that and it's not a nice feeling. Sending you good vibes :)
    Been to WI today despite having so little sleep- I did wonder why I was dragging myself out of my nice warm bed at such an ungodly hour! Was rewarded with 1lb off- was very happy as I am hugely, enormously bloated for some reason that I have no comprehension of- I'm blaming my IBS as I don't have the * week excuse any longer!
    I've done what I hope is an SP day today to try and combat it- it seems to have done the trick as the wind has been explosive :D (sorry for TMI :D)
    Today's menu:
    B: HEXB 2 x HiFi Light bars, Apple, peach, NAS pink lemonade
    L: Speedy tomato soup and HEXB Wholemeal roll with carefully measured teaspoon of light spread (1 syn) apple, HEXA carton of Alpro choc soya drink+ 1.5 syns, water
    T: Lamb rogan josh (1.5 syns) with sprouts, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms and peppers, Fab ice lolly (4 syns)
    S: Crisps (6.5 syns)
    Syns: 14.5
    Bit of a debate going on at Group today and something I was wondering about. My consultant is quite sporty and reckons you have to do exercise to see any sort of decent loss. My mobility isn't great lately so I've been doing very little apart from the odd day where I've been shopping and done a lot of steps. However I've had very heavy inch loss very quickly to the point where in 6 weeks my ring has become too loose to wear (and it was snug on my finger) and I've gone from a size 24 top to a 20! Just wondered what everyone thought particularly those like me who can't exercise- are the losses still as good without? I've lost 1 stone 2lb in 6 weigh ins with very little exercise so I think I'm doing okay :) just curious.
    Night all xx
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • Hi all,
    Flying visit because it is 11pm,and I have to go out and buy an iron to iron uniforms for tomorrow.:eek::eek::eek:Don't ask.
    kathryna,thank you for continuing to do the thread.We do appreciate it.
    Second week back in target,and I lost 2lb :j:j
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,493
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Well done those seeing losses!:T

MrsR , I'm confident that you can definitely lose without exercise. We've had wheelchair users in my group who did none at all and I do very little myself. I'm not knocking exercise as I think it has a great feel good factor and can tone muscles. That being said you'd have to do a load of exercise to see off a very few calories but it all helps.
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,401
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 4 September 2017 at 11:45PM
    Hi everyone, I’m sneaking back in after self-sabotaging since Wednesday. However, much to my surprise, I have still managed to lose 0.6lbs. Oh, btw, I don’t seem to have registered my 1lb loss for last week, so can you put that on too, please. These are for 28/8 and 4/9 dates.

Hmmm, 8 weeks for the next challenge … I will go for 8lbs please, this time. I’m hoping for a better result this week, as I will only be out for lunch once, on Saturday. As challenge runs from 5/9 am I right in thinking my first weigh in will be next Monday?

Have a great trip, maman. And you too, shiprob (and friend).

Thinking of you, kathrynha; you are so positive despite all you are coping with.

Great NSV, esmy.

Well done, losers.

I’m lucky, in that I don’t like alcohol. I think I’ve had a go at everything at some point over the years, but to me, they’re all like cough medicine – and I don’t take that either! Now my celebration tipple is a cheeky wee San Pellegrino! I just eat all my syns!

Hello and welcome, harras_nosirrah. You have done amazingly well already! That’s determination shining through.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • Morning all! Welcome Haras!

I agree with Maman about exercise re. the feelgood factor and muscle toning but I don't honestly think it does a lot for weight loss as such. I've known people put on weight when training for a marathon because they overestimate how much fuel the body really needs.

Saver-upper, hope you got the uniforms done! I don't iron anything if I can help it :D

GT yes I think your weigh-in yesterday is the final one on the previous challenge and Monday coming will be your first for this one.

Very rainy day here so going to potter in the house to my heart's content I think! Menu is:

B - Mushrooms on toast with a fried egg on top
    D - SW Italian chicken and tomato soup
    T - Lamb, aubergine and chickpea curry (1) with quinoa
    HEA - Milk
    HEB - 2x WM toast
    Syns - Sugar in coffee (4), curry (1), possibly Tunnocks tea cake (5), hot chocolate (2) = 12
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,481
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Welcome Harras. You've done really well to get so close to target in a short time. You'll soon be a target member at that rate!

Mrs R - I'm another who does virtually no exercise but just because I'm lazy! The only time I exercise really is when I'm on holiday as we have to walk everywhere will no transport in addition to our motorhome! But the only walking I do when at home is going round the shops a couple of times a week. I don't think what your consultant is saying is SW talking but her personal opinion. The only thing my consultant says is it can help with your weight loss if you do any exercise.

Today's plan:

B - bacon & mushroom sandwich
    L - HM scotch egg & salad; dressed with balsamic vinegar
    D - shepherd's pie - onions, peppers, peas mushrooms in it; brocolli & cauliflower

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - none planned

Denise
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Last chart of the last challenge is now on the thread.

Today is weigh in for me, and once again feeling ikky and bloated. Tempted to skive off group tonight, but know that won't help anything.

Not got a plan for today, just don't feel like it. Think I might be coming down with something :(
    Zebras rock
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,481
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    kathryn - just concentrate on you at the moment. Your health is far more important than worrying about SW.

I think you're right about going to group though - just to keep in touch.

Hope you start feeling better soon, you've been through a lot recently.

Denise
  • Sorry to hear you are feeling rubbish Kathryn, if you think you are coming down with something try to keep warm and cosy. It's this changeable weather, I seem to get a chill one day then it's warm again the next. Maybe some paracetamol to stave off the start of the lurgy (if you are allowed it with your other meds). Or some menthol rub, a hot water bottle, basically whatever usually works in these situations for you. Even little things like soft tissues so you avoid the sore nose etc. The balsam ones or super soft are the only ones I buy now as my nose gets so uncomfortable with anything else. I also love that hot winter Ribena drink, always makes me feel a bit comforted. I don't know if any of these things would work with how you are feeling but I hope you look after yourself and don't worry too much about SW.

Well done to SHIPROB, I can't believe how much you have lost this year, it's quite amazing and very inspirational. You are so close to your target, you must be thrilled.

Welcome HARAS, Again amazing losses to date, keep it going and you will get there.

Enjoy your trip MAMAN, Stratford is on my list, I've been to Warwick and in laws live in the Midlands so hopefully soon.

Well last night I made SW Homity Pie (recipe in the links at the start of this thread). I basically have next to nothing in the house and want to use up everything before I go shopping. It was soooo good, real comfort food and very easy to do. I used new potatoes instead of regular and 'smashed' them instead of mash. Had no leeks so used broccoli and cauliflower and also no fresh herbs so used dried Italian herb mix. It was lovely and will def be on my list to make again. I have leftovers for lunch and tonight will be Quorn veggie balsamic bake. Then I really HAVE to go shopping!

MRS R, I also believe you don't have to exercise. The first time I did SW it was without exercise and I lost consistently. This time (after stupidly regaining weight!) I am exercising (walking mostly because I am limited as I'm left with injuries from a car accident two years ago and cannot run or do some things I used to) and following the plan. I am pretty much losing at the same rate. Hope this helps.

That's it for now, wishing everyone a good day x
    Weight loss 2017/2018 - 49 lbs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family