Tales from The Shire

Options

Comments

• Greying_Pilgrim
    Options

We had Fettuccine with Beans & Pancetta for supper. Although I used Fusilli as that's what I had in. The beans were from the garden :cool: Followed by Banoffee Mess as my bananas are sulking. The wine was a bottle that last weekend's guests bought with them and we didn't get to open so no additional costs :) It's been lovely to have some company and a good catch up.

Oi! that's my line! :D:rotfl:

Sounds like DC's visit is a tonic all round :D And guests that bring veg - what a boon :D

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £7/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £184.08/215
    Non-food household spend April £27.83/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,270 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks for jeans link.
    Added to bday list :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed time with your friend :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Oi! that's my line! :D:rotfl:

Sounds like DC's visit is a tonic all round :D And guests that bring veg - what a boon :D

Greying X

I am like The Borg Greying - you have been assimilated :rotfl:
    beanielou wrote: »
    Thanks for jeans link.
    Added to bday list :)

Hope they work for you Beanie.
    Glad you enjoyed time with your friend :)

Thanks DIA. It's good to have some familiar company while we're getting settled.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Another lovely catch up with DC last night. We had Roast Summer Vegetables & Chickpeas for supper with rice. I swopped the aubergine for a pattipan squash from DC's contribution. Followed by Oaty Apple Crumble with custard. Bramleys also provided by DC. She brought a bottle of Prosecco back from her travels so we had a couple of glasses of fizz too :D

Breakfast was Banana Pancakes to use up the last sulky banana. I left out the bacon though. Then we went for a walk around the paddock and saw a mother Buzzard circling above and calling for her babies to join her :D:cool:

I showed her the veg patch but it seems to have turned into a weed patch overnight so that's another thing to add to the to do list.

Sadly DC had to leave before Mr F came home from his business trip but he is tired and grumpy (despite the promise of leftover apple crumble) so perhaps that's not a bad thing :rotfl:

Just after DC left I got a call from our next visitors saying they would be passing by on their way to their holiday site and could they come now :eek: The last I heard from them they were going to get settled at the site before giving us a call to arrange a date :eek: I've cried off until tomorrow. Mr F wasn't even home when they called and I wouldn't want to inflict him upon them at the moment - or vice versa :rotfl: We knew we'd be seeing them sometime this week but thought it would be a few days yet. Anyhow, they are coming tomorrow afternoon and I've booked us into a local pub for supper. I don't have quite enough in to rustle up something at home. We have some fun money left for this month and it's a good excuse to explore.

So it'll be an early start in the morning as I'll need to shake a duster about.

Hope you've all had a fab weekend.

Fortune x
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • porgiegeorgie
    Options
    I've just recently started reading people's MSE-MFW diaries and have to agree with Bexster (a couple of pages back) that yours reads like a story! I'm really impressed with how quickly you got your new house sorted out, am looking forward to following your new story about life in the Shire. Am also now hankering after apple crumble & custard :rotfl:

Have a good day with your visitors tomorrow.

Georgie (from a different Shire!) :)
    MFiT-T4 #75: £142,480 to £86,700 by Jan 2019
    [STRIKE]Feb16: £142,480[/STRIKE]. [STRIKE]April16: £138,900[/STRIKE]. [STRIKE]July16: £132,242[/STRIKE][STRIKE] Oct16: £129,824[/STRIKE], July17: £115,841
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Love custard.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sounds like a lovely weekend fortune

Cue m and s and their analysts trying to work out what's happening in the world to make the sale of those jeans spike :rotfl:
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    I've just recently started reading people's MSE-MFW diaries and have to agree with Bexster (a couple of pages back) that yours reads like a story! I'm really impressed with how quickly you got your new house sorted out, am looking forward to following your new story about life in the Shire. Am also now hankering after apple crumble & custard :rotfl:

Have a good day with your visitors tomorrow.

Georgie (from a different Shire!) :)

Thank you Georgie - I did start a bit of creative writing a year or so back so perhaps what I learnt is coming through in my diary :)
    Love custard.

Me too :)
    Sounds like a lovely weekend fortune

Cue m and s and their analysts trying to work out what's happening in the world to make the sale of those jeans spike :rotfl:

Perhaps they should pay me commission :rotfl:

Fortune x
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You've had an amazing week, Fortune! And what a lovely friend in DC :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure