Best Sim Only Deals (MEGATHREAD)

Comments

• trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    diamonds wrote: »
    TalkTalk are moving to o2 no doubt when Voda kick them off as they did with Sainsbury Mobile at contract renewal, o2 who have a horrific history of coverage obligation on 3G (passing its obligations by the skin of its teeth) and a big obligation of 4G coverage licence, Telefonica Spain Re selling o2 UK so you may even end up with 3 customer care, BT are buying EE and I doubt they will be laying off all the staff in extensive direct UK customer care call centres as the cost would be horrific.

At least with Life you are not tied in to a longer term contract until we know how 3, o2 and TalkTalk Mobile pan out with all these changes, even if BT bail out EE purchase (EU approval has been given) your signal will stay the same on a short term contract with 30 days. I would even pay the £14.95 6GB plan if you really need 4GB just to have reassurance in signal with EE over the changes with the others, avoid Voda at all costs, last 3 quarters their 3rd party customer care has been at the top of the regulators bad boy list of customer complaints.

thanks for this, i guess like most moneysavers the winner for me will be cost. If talktalk offer me slightly more minutes for a tenner a monrth or less, i will renew with them, or otherwise i will transfer to life.

I am struggling at the moment, so any saving will be good for me, even if it is slightly under a fiver a year :)
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • janeseemore
    janeseemore Posts: 30 Forumite
    edited 20 January 2016 at 1:36PM
    Phoned up EE.

The best they could offer me was:
    12 Months
    2 GB Data (4g)
    2000 Minutes
    for £12.99 per month

I've asked them for my PAC code, which they did not send by text so had to call them up again and write it down.

Not sure what to do now. Should I go with the deal?
    Or go with someone like 3 who are offering:
    12 Months
    2 GB Data
    £11 per month

or ID Mobile who are even cheaper.

hmmmmm Anyone use 3? What are they like? And their 4G any good? I've checked they network in my area its fine, but a few blocks away there seems to be not network with them available!
  • janeseemore
    janeseemore Posts: 30 Forumite
    edited 20 January 2016 at 5:15PM
    Just got a call from EE.

Saying I requested a PAC code, but they wanted to see if they could help further by offering me something better (basically to try and make me stick with them).

In the end they offered me:

Unlimited Mins
    Unlimited Texts
    4GB of Data on 4G!

for £11.99 per month. I am happy with that! Especially the extra 2 GB of data!!

And its not a long 12 Month contract! Instead 1 Month contract.

Saving £206
    :beer:
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Just got a call from EE.

Saying I requested a PAC code, but they wanted to see if they could help further by offering me something better (basically to try and make me stick with them).

In the end they offered me:

Unlimited Mins
    Unlimited Texts
    4GB of Data on 4G!

for £11.99 per month. I am happy with that! Especially the extra 2 GB of data!!

And its not a long 12 Month contract! Instead 1 Month contract.

Saving £206
    :beer:

How long have you been with EE? I got my PAC CODE last week and despite having two numbers on one account I'm not getting any deal or phone call off them
  • Hi Shaggy,

I've been with Orange roughly since 2009 and then they switched to EE. I was on a 24 month contract with EE prior to my renewal.
  • Vkz
    Vkz Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Thats an excellent deal Janeseemore. I am with EE at the moment and its up for renewal, I hope they offer me something similar. x
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi Shaggy,

I've been with Orange roughly since 2009 and then they switched to EE. I was on a 24 month contract with EE prior to my renewal.

its a very good deal and some on other forums (well, HUKD!) are reporting £15.99 for unlim text/min, 18Gb data on 12 months sim only. While I generally use 2-4Gb most months its good to know you have more data if you need it.

I'll probably wait till my PAC code expires in a couple of weeks, then call again for the PAC code, hopefully they will offer better. I'd prefer to stay with EE as they are much faster than my home broadband and voice quality etc is much clearer. Three is an option for unlim data at £20 per month as a last resort, although they cap their data speeds after 3pm.
  • Vkz
    Vkz Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I just called EE I got 2000 mins (although it's on the app as unlimited?) unlimited texts and 3gb for £9.99. I was happy with that. X
  • Vkz wrote: »
    I just called EE I got 2000 mins (although it's on the app as unlimited?) unlimited texts and 3gb for £9.99. I was happy with that. X

:T That is great news! :)
  • shaggy wrote: »
    its a very good deal and some on other forums (well, HUKD!) are reporting £15.99 for unlim text/min, 18Gb data on 12 months sim only. While I generally use 2-4Gb most months its good to know you have more data if you need it.

I'll probably wait till my PAC code expires in a couple of weeks, then call again for the PAC code, hopefully they will offer better. I'd prefer to stay with EE as they are much faster than my home broadband and voice quality etc is much clearer. Three is an option for unlim data at £20 per month as a last resort, although they cap their data speeds after 3pm.

Maybe you could give EE a call back? See if they can offer you anything better?

I was also looking at Three if EE never came back with anything. Also looking at ID Mobile which uses Three network.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure