Company car possibility, currently got car on PCP

Options
2»

Comments

• alan_d
    alan_d Posts: 363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I don't think anyone has mentioned the company car tax.
    By the time you factor this in, it's likely you'd be better off taking a car allowance and taking the hit on extra miles over your PCP mileage allowance.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Around £8 is the WBAC valuation, though I doubt they'd take it due to the attached finance. The settlement is as in the first post based on VT. It's about £8.5k minus any amount already paid (e.g. my monthly instalments), making the balance due at point of VT around £5.5k if I were to be terminating the deal today - which obviously I'm not going to.
    The settlement and VT figures are completely different. VT is to hand the car back, you can't sell it. Settlement is to own and then sell the car.
  • Expression93
    Options
    alan_d wrote: »
    I don't think anyone has mentioned the company car tax.
    By the time you factor this in, it's likely you'd be better off taking a car allowance and taking the hit on extra miles over your PCP mileage allowance.
    Admittedly not something I've factored in, but as I understand I could not really add this without knowing value of car I (could) get.
    molerat wrote: »
    The settlement and VT figures are completely different. VT is to hand the car back, you can't sell it. Settlement is to own and then sell the car.
    Sorry, somehow misread that. VT is about £8.5k minus current payments so approx £5.5k. A total settlement I think is around £13k?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure