Policeman rear ended me at a junction and wrote off my car

Options

Comments

• Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    I'm unclear: was the OP hit by a police car, complete with on-duty policeman, or by a car that happened to be driven by a policeman who was off-duty?

I think the suggestion is they were hit by a police car. I assume being an off duty policeman in their own vehicle, makes them just an ordinary citizen.... albeit slightly above the law?
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Options
    It's for any accident they attend.
    Yes but they usually only attend for injuries and road blockages, which is what I said.........
  • Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    I'm unclear: was the OP hit by a police car, complete with on-duty policeman, or by a car that happened to be driven by a policeman who was off-duty?

Does it matter? The OP's question was "Is there anything I can do now?", to which the answer is to make a personal injury claim against the driver.
  • Guest101
    Options
    I didn't notice that the first time I read your post, I'm guessing you didn't read the title.

Wow.... no I read it.

But did the police arrive as part of standard procedure when a police vehicle is involved in an accident?

OR was it because their were injuries?

Or was is a simple internal procedure for insurance purposes....
  • Mercdriver
    Options
    Stoke wrote: »
    When I spoke about systemic corruption, I was instantly shouted at, probably be police who use this site.

Do you have any evidence of systematic corruption or are you as libellous as Tir?
  • ado
    ado Posts: 1,378 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Guest101 wrote: »
    Wow.... no I read it.

But did the police arrive as part of standard procedure when a police vehicle is involved in an accident?

OR was it because their were injuries?

Or was is a simple internal procedure for insurance purposes....

Yes to your point 1 and 3. It was a POLACC (police accident) and whenever one of those happens a sergeant attends and writes a report.
  • Stoke
    Options
    Mercdriver wrote: »
    Do you have any evidence of systematic corruption or are you as libellous as Tir?

You realize that obtaining evidence of systematic corruption has taken a bunch of scousers 25 odd years?

Or are you one of those copper mates who think they were all just !!!!ed up and should get on with it?
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Options
    Have you informed your insurers?
  • Guest101
    Options
    Stoke wrote: »
    You realize that obtaining evidence of systematic corruption has taken a bunch of scousers 25 odd years?

Or are you one of those copper mates who think they were all just !!!!ed up and should get on with it?

No it took them 25 years to charge 4 people - that does not a system make
  • Stoke
    Options
    Guest101 wrote: »
    No it took them 25 years to charge 4 people - that does not a system make

I think I know where you're going with that, but actually, the evidence showed a system of corruption in-which senior management abused their authority. It wasn't just 4 people..... there were dozens involved. Some of whom have since died and can't be charged, many of whom won't be charged because only the most high profile are being dealt with and others who have perhaps gone unnoticed.

We are a long way off a corruption free force, but don't worry, it won't happen to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure