Symbio Energy feedback

Comments

• Tafrock
    Tafrock Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    On a positive note though it does highlight the relevance of these forums so we can all stick together and ensure everyone knows of the shortcomings of new companies. Also we can highlight the positives too. Hopefully symbio will turn things around. As you say though they aren't cheapest by much. I won't touch outfox who are the next cheapest but at a mere 23 pounds more annually Yorkshire are awaiting in the wings should symbio continue to slip up.
  • Tafrock
    I noticed the portal being down for maintenance since Friday. Have received an email today (13:02) saying my bill will be recreated. I assume it will be sent late this evening again.

If a new bill is not forthcoming by friday I'll be off too
  • Tafrock
    Website and portal back up now. However I cant login or submit a meter reading. Can anyone else
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 May 2019 at 5:13PM
    Tafrock wrote: »
    I noticed the portal being down for maintenance since Friday. Have received an email today (13:02) saying my bill will be recreated. I assume it will be sent late this evening again.

If a new bill is not forthcoming by friday I'll be off too

No further emails other than the one yesterday. Like you I will be off if not resolved in next few days.

Also unable to log in.
  • Tafrock
    Here's the one I received at 13:02. Probably in response to my strongly worded emails to both billing and Sam b. I anticipate getting the revised bills around 2300 tonight. As suggested elsewhere I guess they are generated outside the UK hence the late time of arrival. Here's the email

'Thank you for your email.

We apologise for the inconvenience the billing has caused to you. We are regenerating your bill which will reflect the previously made payments; we did also send a correction email to this effect (attached for your reference).

We thank you for your faith in us and would request you to bear with us, this one time.

Kind regards,

Deepak Chettiar
    Customer Services
  • steve900
    steve900 Posts: 82 Forumite
    edited 28 May 2019 at 8:12PM
    Hi. I had posted earlier then when trying to edit my post I have somehow deleted it.

I was saying that the portal has been unavailble since Friday. This afternoon the entire website was not available. I tried calling them and after 5 rings it connected and then just silence. I tried several times.

The website did come back up shortly afterwards and this is why I was trying to edit my post. Anyway I still cannot get in to input a meter read. This is no good to me.

As they have said to me in their letter which I have received 3 times, "In line with communication on the 4th May 2019, we are no longer providing credit terms", well neither am I extending credit terms to Symbio or letting them use my money as some sort of savings scheme.

Since I joined, both bills say opening read 0.00 and closing read 0.00 (despite them having had 2 or 3 readings provided by me) but then they say I have used 278 units of electric on one and 69 on another.

Most bizarre. 2nd bill, no £5 credit and £9.99 payment showing unpaid.

I would not recommend them to anyone. I got a gut feeling with GB Energy Supply and left and they went under. 6 months into my supply with Iresa I too got a bad feeling and left them and I am getting the same bad feeling with this Symbio.

Good luck to those who remain with them. I feel you will have nothing but hassle and for myself that hassle is not worth the £3 per month they are saving over the next supplier.

I will sign up to BULB tomorrow and get the £75 credit and it is ADIOS Symbio, ADIOS chocolate tea-pot.
  • Tafrock
    Im thinking the same too. No revised bill received yet even though it was promised today, no contact from Sam even though he said he would sort it out first thing today. I'm also quite annoyed they don't seem to use readings I provide. Most companies are keen on accurate billing. I may well instigate a switch to Yorkshire energy first thing in morning. Who needs this hassle from your electricity provider. If they put as much effort into keeping their customers informed and happy as they do ensuring they are at the top of the comparison charts then everything would be fine. I'm thinking it's better to quit them and start afresh with a slightly more expensive but reliable company
  • Tafrock
    My revised bill just arrived and its spot on including the five pounds credit as promised. They will receive a stay of execution from me for now. But I will be keeping an eye on things and reporting any discrepancies back here and on trust pilot
  • steve900
    steve900 Posts: 82 Forumite
    I got the same new bill at 10.35 tonight. No where on the bill does it show the £5 reduction. It is clear that from front page that £5 has reduced the bill. Car crash of a company. They don't deserve any money from me (it's actually my mum and dads money). Roll on £75 from BULB
  • Tafrock
    I agree it doesn't mention its a credit but it is deducted from the bill.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback