Ongoing Journey to being a Frugalista..

Comments

• Good job done by hubby on the Plusnet switch:j

Looking forward to hearing about your impending changes too!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Thanks greent. Hope yours are good too. Hope to catch up on all the diaries very soon..
  • Well done to DD Brizzle and the savings on broadband. I did similar although didn't switch just negotiated with the current provider.
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 29 September 2018 at 11:44PM
    Hi all :)

Hope everyone is well. This won’t be a big update as need to get on..RL is super busy at the moment but also positive. Just lots to take in.

DD1 is super happy with life. Particularly good to see after a rocky few days after A levels (even tho she got great grades) as she adjusted to a lack of structure. She enjoys the job in the office, basically working on NHS logistics and it’s a nice team who are very appreciative of her...winning combination I’d say. She is also about to buy her RTW ticket using ISA savings (the joys of her combining a job last year with A levels) so she will also be set. She is also doing babysitting seeing friends applying for universities and doing extra shifts in her old job. Pretty full on.

DD2 is struggling a bit with the enormity of exams but if she gets more sleep I think she will be able to cope. We are currently cracking down on no phone after 9:30 during week and 10 at weekends. There has been an almighty push back but am remaining firm ;) On this point, mother does really know best :rotfl:

On the money front The Barefoot Investor approach is going super well. It’s simple and the clarity suits us. YNAB is always reconciled by OH every morning. What is working less well is the extra flights we have had to buy for our holiday at the end of the month (friend had to change her plans so so did we), but oh well. We can cope. Just a pain and actually on the upside we don’t have any hotels to pay now, so swings and roundabouts. I will now use my points to pay for a break for me and OH I think before Xmas.

Work is the same for OH but I will be changing soon. An opportunity came up for getting a senior permanent role, with good pension and holiday etc with my city as my base so no real commute although there will be some travel. I have worked with some of the team before which should help so i am getting an idea of what I am getting into...It will be a huge wrench to leave something I have been so involved in creating (it’s like a baby to me) but it’s the right thing to do. In this world a permanent senior job is not to be sniffed at.

The implications of stopping using the company though need to be worked through, think I may have to stop withdrawals but need to get draft accounts over to the accountant before I will really know the score. But all for the best long term.

Back later to update on September and set new goals for October.

Over and out...love to all xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,241 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Wow,just wow.
    Great news on the new job :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Amazing news Brizzle on all fronts :D
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Glad to hear DD is happy and congratulations on the new job :beer:
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • In this world a permanent senior job is not to be sniffed at.

How very true brizzle. And how exciting as well!:j

All going well for you and the family and long may it continue.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Fantastic news, brizzle!! :) :T :T
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Thanks all. I am quite humbled by your messages....love to you all. You are all wonderful xxxxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback