Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gem1875
    • By gem1875 14th Jun 19, 11:34 AM
    • 27Posts
    • 11Thanks
    gem1875
    parking charge court letter advice
    • 14th Jun 19, 11:34 AM
    parking charge court letter advice 14th Jun 19 at 11:34 AM
    Hello,

I am after some advice. I have read much of the newbie threads and I have a few questions.

My parking ticket was received in 2017 from VCS via myparkingcharge. We got the letter in the post and appealed via the instructions on the form using IPC. I then read that this was basically a kangaroo court and all appeals fail at this stage. We ignored the rest of the letters as we had a parking ticket that covers us for the time parked so we thought all was ok.

Fast forward to now and we got out letter before court, I wrote back with the SAR letter requesting the full details and got no reply at all.

We then got the county court letter, its dated 22nd May I logged on and said we would defend on the 4th June.

Having come to sit down to prep my evidence I see that there is now photos online of the car and I cant see the ticket. I do not believe the photos have been online all this time as I don't recall seeing them but is it now not worth fighting if the ticket was not visible in the window?? I assume that's one of the conditions they stipulate. I still have the ticket and all the debt collection letters ect.

But I am a little lost as to what my defence may be now and cant find any examples of similar situations.

Should add I have tried to contact the land owner via my MP but its changed hands a few times so its taken some time, I may have the owner now but its a large company so not sure how successful that will be.

Hope this all makes sense I have just had a baby and all this information is not sinking in as I would like it.
    Last edited by gem1875; 14-06-2019 at 11:36 AM.
Page 3
    • Redx
    • By Redx 11th Oct 19, 7:05 PM
    • 24,976 Posts
    • 31,881 Thanks
    Redx
    In which case start on your costs schedule and skeleton argument (your side memoire)

Ensure you submit these at least 2 weeks before the hearing date , if the claimant pays the court fee , dropping one bundle into the Court and send the same bundle to the claimant , keeping a third bundle with your WS & Exhibits bundle
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 12th Oct 19, 9:21 AM
    • 6,560 Posts
    • 6,577 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    Hello, So we got our date through today and its next year but the letter from the court says, unless the claimant does by such and such a date pay to the court the trial fee of 25 or file a properly completed application for help with fees, then the claim will be struck off.
    Originally posted by gem1875
    Originally Posted by KeithP
    That's standard.

That Notice also tells you when you Witness Statement and evidence must be filed with the Court and served on the Claimant.
    That has already been done they had to be done by September.
    Originally posted by gem1875
    If you have only just received your letter about a court date, how could you have sent the Witness Statement and evidence in September? Are you sure you are not confusing it with the defence? On that letter it should say something like "the claimant and defendant should serve and file witness statement no less than 14 days before......"
    • 1505grandad
    • By 1505grandad 12th Oct 19, 1:30 PM
    • 233 Posts
    • 335 Thanks
    1505grandad
    For clarification:-

Posted by KeithP 14th June;_

"With a Claim Issue Date of 22nd May, and having done the Acknowledgement of Service in a timely manner, you have until 4pm on Monday 24th June 2019 to file your Defence."

Posted by OP 29th September:-

"So sent my witness statement and exhibits on Friday, got VCSs through the post Sat. Just sat to have a quick flick through and Im not sure we have a great case but not much we can do now I guess."

Perhaps the original Court doc. was one that did not specifically allocate a hearing date - just submission of docs. by a certain date.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,141Posts Today

7,570Users online

Martin's Twitter