Tandem Bank credit card woes

Comments

• yams
    yams Posts: 27
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    starM wrote: »
    Received the paperwork today to sign. The agreement clearly says the cashback card. Not sure if I would like to go ahead with the application now.

I was apparently accepted last week and just waiting for the paperwork now. Hoping the card won't take as long to arrive as it did for them to process the application!
  • shays_mum
    shays_mum Posts: 1,693
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just to feedback. I would agree with the original op, the app is still rubbish. More worrying is that one payment was taken 3 times. Nearly 2m later Tandem are still deciding whether it was taken twice or even 3 times!!.

Every adviser i speak to i get a different response, please beware of this peeps & really check your balances. The app is not helpful & I've found that half the time, my monthly spend from the previous month is taken from the current months limit!!.

Come on Tandem get your act together!!. Do we have a mod for them here?.
    No one said it was gonna be easy!
  • nick74
    nick74 Posts: 829
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    shays_mum wrote: »
    Just to feedback. I would agree with the original op, the app is still rubbish. More worrying is that one payment was taken 3 times. Nearly 2m later Tandem are still deciding whether it was taken twice or even 3 times!!.

Every adviser i speak to i get a different response, please beware of this peeps & really check your balances. The app is not helpful & I've found that half the time, my monthly spend from the previous month is taken from the current months limit!!.

Come on Tandem get your act together!!. Do we have a mod for them here?.

If you mean the previous month's spend is taken off your available credit until it's paid, then that's normal for all credit cards.
  • darroch
    darroch Posts: 40
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 13 July 2019 at 7:45AM
    Really peeved off at Tandem. Waited 6 weeks to be told application was in the post. Didn’t arrive so they sent via email. Checked the address and my flat and block number are the wrong way round. I entered as Flat 5, 6 but the system removed the word flat. They had to investigate as didn’t know what to do. As they took so long between making the offer and deciding what to do, the offer expired!

So nearly 8 weeks since making the application, I was told I would have to reapply! :mad: They told me there is nothing they can do to extend the offer period. I’ve passed it on to their complaints team who may take another 8 weeks to respond.

Utterly woeful experience :(
  • SlovakianGuy
    SlovakianGuy Posts: 303
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi all.
    Does the Tandem app actually show icons like Monzo and Starling? I mean icons/logos of retailers, organisations, etc. And does it show the time of each payment?
  • scragend
    scragend Posts: 287
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi all.
    Does the Tandem app actually show icons like Monzo and Starling? I mean icons/logos of retailers, organisations, etc. And does it show the time of each payment?

No, on both counts.
  • Lum
    Lum Posts: 6,460
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    nick74 wrote: »
    Was this using the card to pay at the pump? Tandem cards currently don't work at either Tesco or Asda fuel pumps. Tandem are aware of the issue but blame the retailers for not updating their software.

Had my card blocked at Asda petrol stations, even for in kiosk purchases, but today it got blocked in the main shop. I'd been waiting literally 15 minutes for someone to bother approving my alcohol, so was fuming. Asda really hate Tandem it seems.
  • aris
    aris Posts: 339
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Use Amex for supermarket purchases (including fuel) - they give 1% cashback. A much better deal. I only use Tandem for where Amex is not accepted.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,442
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    aris wrote: »
    Use Amex for supermarket purchases (including fuel) - they give 1% cashback. A much better deal. I only use Tandem for where Amex is not accepted.

Although Tandem is much better for foreign currency transactions!
  • blobbi
    blobbi Posts: 54
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just got a card, pin arrived next day. Followed the instructions to use the pin first time. Card was declined embarrassingly whilst paying for my wives Birthday meal. Tried again today and now the card is blocked. Unable to unblock the card until Monday apparently. What a pile of crap.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure