Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Polo672
    • By Polo672 14th Jun 19, 8:13 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Polo672
    Comprehensive Management Services
    • 14th Jun 19, 8:13 PM
    Comprehensive Management Services 14th Jun 19 at 8:13 PM
    I received 2 parking tickets from Comprehensive Management Services and I'm unsure whether to pay the fine or not, but since the car is registered to my mum she has always been on my case (I was the driver).
    The first ticket was issued on 7th of July, after moving in to my accommodation, but I was unable to get my parking permit as the reception are closed on a weekend and the following day was a Bank Holiday Monday.
    The second ticket was issued on 10th of June, when my parking permit ran out (09/06). Therefore, I had to wait the following morning to renew my parking permit, as the reception are closed on a weekend. After having to wait for the reception to open and renew my parking permit, I was already given a parking ticket.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 14th Jun 19, 8:25 PM
    • 24,971 Posts
    • 31,874 Thanks
    Redx
    • 14th Jun 19, 8:25 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 8:25 PM
    if the parking tickets are in your mums name and if she has not named you as the driver, then its nothing to do with you as such

your mum should name you as driver with a serviceable postal address if she wants to be out of the picture, any letters to her would have given her the option to name the driver

because she is the RK, any court claim will come in her name and address, UNLESS she names the driver - is that what you or she wants ?

if its your fault and not hers, then there has to be a reason why these invoices (not "fines") were not paid already - what is that reason ?
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jun 19, 10:41 PM
    • 76,396 Posts
    • 89,714 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Jun 19, 10:41 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 10:41 PM
    I'm unsure whether to pay the fine or not,
    Obviously not! And these are not fines.

But your Mum might not want to be the person defending a court case so maybe he's best giving your name and address as driver and we can then help you defend it when a claim arrives.

No risk, no CCJ, nothing awful and we win 99% of the time anyway!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Polo672
    • By Polo672 15th Jun 19, 11:21 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Polo672
    • 15th Jun 19, 11:21 AM
    • 15th Jun 19, 11:21 AM
    I think they've already got my name as my uncle appealed for the first ticket but was unsuccessful. Would it be worth appealing the second ticket or just totally ignore both tickets? The first ticket has already gone up to 160 and the second ticket is currently on 60 but will increase in two weeks time.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Jun 19, 12:51 PM
    • 76,396 Posts
    • 89,714 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Jun 19, 12:51 PM
    • 15th Jun 19, 12:51 PM
    They DO NOT have your name & address if they are writing to your Mum. She needs to write to formally give your name and address, to transfer liability.

Not you.

The second ticket is obviously to be appealed, the NEWBIES thread tells you that. You may as well appeal as admitted driver then you Mum will receive nothing more about that one. But SHE MUST transfer liability formally to you for the first one.

These are not fines, nothing to panic about and (unless you bury your head in the sand or miss/ignore court papers) these scams DO NOT affect your credit rating not even when debt letters arrive.

Last edited by Coupon-mad; 17-06-2019 at 6:27 PM.
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 15th Jun 19, 4:19 PM
    • 15,182 Posts
    • 15,841 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 15th Jun 19, 4:19 PM
    • 15th Jun 19, 4:19 PM
    These are not fines, they are private invoices for the damage the PPC alleges they suffered when, allegedly, you breached a contract they allege you had agreed with them, we call them scams. They only need to be paid if a judge so directs,

Nine times out of ten these tickets will be thrown out by a judge, so complain to your MP.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Polo672
    • By Polo672 16th Jun 19, 10:21 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Polo672
    • 16th Jun 19, 10:21 AM
    • 16th Jun 19, 10:21 AM
    Since the first ticket has been rejected, I can now appeal to POPLA. However, when Comprehensive Management Services sent me the letter about the appeal has been rejected. They didn't provide the 10 digit verification code for the rejection, which means I can't appeal to POPLA.
    Should I ring up POPLA and Comprehensive Management Services or?
    • Polo672
    • By Polo672 16th Jun 19, 10:26 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Polo672
    • 16th Jun 19, 10:26 AM
    • 16th Jun 19, 10:26 AM
    Also after reading the 'Newbies Thread'. When I got the second parking ticket, I rang up and gave them my details (I was the driver), as I didn't know about this website until a few days later. Would the appealing process from the 'Newbies Thread' would still work or not?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 16th Jun 19, 11:31 AM
    • 25,070 Posts
    • 40,397 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 16th Jun 19, 11:31 AM
    • 16th Jun 19, 11:31 AM
    Since the first ticket has been rejected, I can now appeal to POPLA. However, when Comprehensive Management Services sent me the letter about the appeal has been rejected. They didn't provide the 10 digit verification code for the rejection, which means I can't appeal to POPLA.
    Should I ring up POPLA and Comprehensive Management Services or?
    Originally posted by Polo672
    Neither - POPLA is not available to you as CMS are not BPA AOS operators, they belong to the IPC. Their version of POPLA is not worth appealing to.

Ticket by ticket, once your initial appeal to CMS has been sent and subsequently rejected, ignore anything further unless you receive a Letter of Claim, or an official Court claim. Come back on this thread if you get either.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in the critiquing of court case papers, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Jun 19, 6:30 PM
    • 76,396 Posts
    • 89,714 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    As already said, this will go to court, there was never a POPLA option with CMS. Come back at court stage and please read the 2nd post of the NEWBIES thread now, to gain the confidence that we see ordinary people win 99% of the time and they enjoy it!

I assume as you say you got the letter, that they are writing to you (not Mum).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,842Posts Today

8,502Users online

Martin's Twitter