Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JSleeth
    • By JSleeth 14th Jun 19, 1:58 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    JSleeth
    High Gear Insurance
    • 14th Jun 19, 1:58 PM
    High Gear Insurance 14th Jun 19 at 1:58 PM
    I'm looking for taxi insurance and came across a company called High Gear, but I have never heard of them so I want to make sure they are a legitimate company.

I became sceptical when I found another website, Insure Your Taxi, that looks exactly the same. I suppose it could be the same company.

Does anyone know anything about them?

Thanks
Page 1
    • rosierd
    • By rosierd 14th Jun 19, 2:05 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    rosierd
    • 14th Jun 19, 2:05 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 2:05 PM
    They seem like an online broker in all honesty. I wouldn't say there was anything wrong with the site or using them. Try TFP they are quite well known in the taxi insurance market.
    I work in Insurance (Broker). All views are my own.
    • Seditious Libeller
    • By Seditious Libeller 14th Jun 19, 2:30 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Seditious Libeller
    • 14th Jun 19, 2:30 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 2:30 PM
    Their FCA registration company comes up with a company that is no longer authorised and the contact details suggest that an insolvency practitioners is now running down the business. If you do get a response form them I'd be concerned they were wrongfully trading.

And insureyourtaxi was a trading name of High Gear Ins Ltd
    Last edited by Seditious Libeller; 14-06-2019 at 2:32 PM. Reason: Correction
    • JSleeth
    • By JSleeth 14th Jun 19, 2:49 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JSleeth
    • 14th Jun 19, 2:49 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 2:49 PM
    Their FCA registration company comes up with a company that is no longer authorised and the contact details suggest that an insolvency practitioners is now running down the business. If you do get a response form them I'd be concerned they were wrongfully trading.

And insureyourtaxi was a trading name of High Gear Ins Ltd
    Originally posted by Seditious Libeller
    That's what I thought but there's another entry of High Gear on the FCA where it says they are authorised.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,795Posts Today

8,126Users online

Martin's Twitter