Ongoing Journey to being a Frugalista..

Comments

• XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Thanks brizzle. Our capital repayment on the mortgage is over £1000/month which would skew our figures so I won't include it.

I asked DH what he would do if we paid the mortgage off early/reduced it greatly and he said he would stop doing his stressful job managing 30 people and spend more time gardening, walking in the woods across the road from us, run, bike and go to the gym but still work at something preferably in fitness or outdoors that probably won't earn him a lot. Simple pleasures. We have a DS who has just turned 9 so no plans to travel the world for months on end here.

I am going to download the book to my kindle. I am away with work for 3 days so will have read it by the time I get back. :D
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    Just swooping by...sounds good XS. Whatever works as a motivator. I think its the freedom to do less and only work at what you really want to do and/or value that's a trigger for me. Whether thats paid or not is not the point, its that its an honourable exchange for your life energy.

Have a good day and hope the working away is not too tricky

Brizzle x
  • brizzlegirl
    Good positive couple of days. DD2 is hanging on in there.

Bank account is steady if bare but 8 bottles of elderflower cordial now in the fridge after some fine foraging last week. I love the stuff and will have some with prosecco and gin at the weekend :D We have dinner with friends on Saturday evening and I may take some round for them :D

Eating well and a LSD today. Just bread and pastries purchased. No run since Monday but hopefully to pop out tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a good week xx
  • brizzlegirl
    Did a run yesterday and as I felt stiff managed to get to a stretching and pretty tough evening class today :D Feel much better. No cheeky glass of wine for me today after it..so a double benefit!

Hens laying well. Back to 3 eggs a day. Well done girls :) Still baking for the exams daughter...she is rather partial to my millionaires shortbread I have found. God bless Nigella L :rotfl: with her microwave caramel...

Have updated the accounts as the FL money FINALLY arrived this week. Not a lot, but a few hundred so I will take that. Have left some in the very sad looking current account and then put 25% towards the Mojo and the same towards the debt where I am now paying interest as well as a three figure TT to the same card. Baby steps but better than nothing.

Planning to go off and read and go to sleep early. Will try and get round the diaries this weekend..hope everyone is well :)

Brizzle xx
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,064 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Well done :T

Have a good weekend :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • brizzlegirl
    Thanks lovely lady. Have a great weekend. Any booting planned?

X
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,718 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Interested in the microwave caramel recipe....

Thanks
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,179 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    lucielle wrote: »

Thanks
    L

I am just interested in eating:rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • brizzlegirl
    It’s dead simple :rotfl: will post it

Lovely to see you L xxxx
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    lucielle wrote: »

Thanks
    L

Read this as camel. Wow. Big microwave :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family