Homefuels Direct

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
The feedback comes as part of the

Comments

• Ebe_Scrooge
    Ebe_Scrooge Posts: 7,320 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Never heard of these guys before. But just out of curiosity, I did a quote. They're quoting 52 ppl ( ex vat ), whilst BoilerJuice are quoting 39.65 ppl. And, in my experience, my local suppliers will always beat BoilerJuice by quite some margin, I only ever use them to benchmark the current price.

So I think I'll be giving these new people a miss thanks :-)
  • Sammcmillan_2
    Options
    I ordered from them last week for a delivery no later than today. I called yesterday as I hadn't heard from them apart from confirmation with credit card receipt. They claimed to have checked and confirmed it was out for delivery today as had been originally agreed. I was to expect a text to tell me what time it would be with me.
    I heard nothing again and called to find out what was going on..... I won't be getting my oil today. There was a mistake, no check was made with the routers to ensure it was on for delivery and they were sorry! There was nothing they could do.
    I lost the plot I have 3 kids it's minus 7 outside and I'm going to have to turn off the heating to save the boiler I'd had to have oil tank replaced and so had run down oil this was first delivery to new oil tank.
    I reminded them we had a legally binding contract and that they had lied when they claimed to have checked oil would be with me today.
    I asked for immediate refund so that I could get oil from another supplier, or to talk to depot to get oil to me today.they won't do either.... I'm away from home tomorrow until next and cannot take delivery until I get back. Am off to scrabble around for an emergency delivery.
    Will never use or recommend them again.
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I never understand these periodic threads by mse on specific suppliers, but

Homefuels: 43.45 ppl

boilerjuice: 43.14 ppl

local supplier: 42.20

directoil.co: 41.70
  • thebeercard
    Options
    Just another reference point, for 1500l:

fueltool: 44.38 ppl
    boilerjuice 47.41 ppl
    homefuelsdirect: 42.52 ppl
    Local supplier: 44.30 ppl
  • Pennylane
    Pennylane Posts: 2,707 Forumite
    Options
    I will never, ever use Homefuels Direct nor would I recommend them to anybody.

I would never use FuelTool again either as they are equally bad.

17 days waiting for an oil delivery and neither FT or HfD reply to emails, phonecalls and Facebook posts. absolutely the worst companies I have ever dealt with.

Once they have your money they forget about you and you cannot argue or try and seek a refund because they just ignore you.
  • Pennylane
    Options
    Please check out TrustPilot reviews of Homefuels Direct as it is overflowing with dissatisfied customers.
  • Pennylane
    Options
    Still loads of negative comments on TrustPilot about Homefuels Direct.
  • tigergambit
    Options
    I ordered and paid for oil from HomeFuels Direct on 16th January. on their 7 working days tariff. I took a day off on the 25th to receive the delivery which we were told would take place mid morning. Come 1pm the oil hadn't arrived and I called HFD to be told that the oil wasn't going to be delivered as the Driver had set off at 6am but had now exceeded his 8 hour driving limit. (Yeah, he must have been in some sort of time machine to fit 8 hours into 7!!) HFD then said they would deliver Monday morning first thing. Given that the driver would have left by 6am I waited until 9am by which time it was obvious he wasn't coming. He called me at 11:45 but I was at work.

I took another day off work today (29th) as I was promised delivery midmorning. Once again HFD have failed to deliver. Today the excuse is that he couldn't get to our village because of the roadworks. My wife went to work along the road he would have travelled at 8:30 and I went down to the local town at 2pm and there are no roadworks or any sign of them. HFD are just telling barefaced lies.

HFD are very cagey as to where the oil is coming from or who is delivering it. They are not, however, at all cagey about their no compensation policy. Basically they couldn't care less once they've got your money.

HFD might be a penny cheaper for oil but the loss of two days holiday for me makes them very very expensive - and I still haven't got the oil I paid for almost two weeks ago! I would urge everyone to look elsewhere.
  • sarahjayne69
    Options
    Does anyone know who is cheapest for oil at moment this will be my 2nd time buying some andnot sure who to get it from thanks
  • Ebe_Scrooge
    Ebe_Scrooge Posts: 7,320 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Does anyone know who is cheapest for oil at moment this will be my 2nd time buying some andnot sure who to get it from thanks

Without knowing where you are I can't give you any specific recommendations. But in general, always phone up half-a-dozen local suppliers and ask them to give you a price, every time you order. The cheapest company one time will odds-on not be cheapest the next time. Many suppliers will also haggle, and price-match their competitors. To find suppliers, just Google for local domestic oil suppliers, or ask friends & neighbours. Don't be tempted to go for one of these direct debit automatic top-up schemes. Most suppliers offer them, but they tend to come and make a delivery when it's convenient for them, or when the price increases. Far better to put money aside each month into a separate bank account, and just phone around and pick the cheapest each time you need a delivery.

The BoilerJuice website can be useful to give you a ball-park figure before you start calling local suppliers, but in my experience it's never the cheapest. Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure