PPI claims firms - any recommendations

Hello,
Firstly please don't shoot me, I know that the general guidance is that it is simple to do this yourself - but for various personal reasons I am realistic enough to know that i am not currently in a situation to be able to do this.

I am aware that the deadline is looming, and to be honest i am currently thinking that 75% of any payout via a claims firm is significantly better than 100% of nothing if i don't get round to doing it myself.

I have looked at the MSE checklist but don't think i will be able to go through the process of contacting multiple firms so was hoping that anyone who has used a third party could give me feedback and advice.

Please don't just reply to tell me how easy it is to do it myself, as I said at the start, this isnt currently achievable for me.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    It is achievable for you.

A claims company will ask you who you had PPI with and why you want to complain about it.

You can tell this information directly to the lenders. This will require less effort than using a claims company.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    To do the complaint yourself:

You identify the policy
    You collate your complaint reasons
    You provide your evidence
    You post the complaint off (or do it on the Resolver website if you want a hand holding process)

To use a claims firm:

You identify the policy
    You collate your complaint reasons
    You provide your evidence
    They post the complaint off

Notice the difference?

A claims firm literally just post your complaint, they do nothing else as your data is not in the public domain, they do not have your records or complaint reasons or employment history etc

In order to use a CMC to complain you have to gather all the details which you could use to complain yourself
  • any recommendations
    Yes, don't use a CMC*.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family