Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY

Comments

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    So was the flight out from Manchester delayed in reaching you ie was the departure delayed at all? Or was all the delay because of the need to divert due to weather/winds at the airport?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    edited 19 September 2017 at 1:49PM
    Hi PomBear,

From what I can understand, your delay was caused by weather, but importantly delayed due to delay on the previous flight, so a knock on effect occurred, knock on weather delays have always been a hot topic on here, I'll link in a post if I can find it....

EDIT :- Here we go .... read Vaubans post under mine ...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=69967156&highlight=weather+mark2spark#post69967156

By all means issue the NBA but I would advise popping your flight into a flight delay checker - such as Botts and make sure they think you have a valid claim before you go it alone, this could be a sticky one to win and I'd even consider going NWNF on this occasion.

That said, we'll give you all our collective knowledge and support if you decide to take J2 on.

Good luck,

NoviceAngel
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • JPears
    Bottonline says you are due Euro400 each.

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Vauban wrote: »
    ...I did a lot of reading (helped very much by one poster, Centipede - no longer here - who had really excellent insights)....

They also posted as Cityboy here and elsewhere, we have to thank BA for cancelling Centipede/Cityboy's flight from Tampa and the consequential valuable knowledge sharing.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • PomBear
    PomBear Posts: 172 Forumite
    Thank you for speedy replies.

Yes, the flight out from Manchester was delayed by 2hours and 50 minutes. There are two posters up thread who are in the process of claiming for this flight. The flight out was delayed (as I understand it from this thread) due to a burst tyre on taxiing. The aircraft was then changed.

It then flew to Thessaloniki, but due to the delay, could no longer land on the preferred runway because they were 'not allowed to use it at night'. The remaining runway didn't have favourable winds (although this is usual at this airport). The plane diverted to Athens.

So, because the preceding flight was first delayed (due to burst tyre) and then diverted (due to wind), our return flight from SKG to MAN was also severely delayed.

The delay was really long. Whilst the flight to SKG diverted at 22.54 to land in Athens at approx 23.30, it didn't take off from Athens until 15.00 the following day! It landed at SKG at 15.40. Our flight then took off from SKG at 16.59, 19.5 hours behind schedule. I have no idea why it took them so long to get the diverted plane from Athens to SKG the following day. I can only surmise the crew had gone over their hours. We landed at MAN at 16.14, 19 hours behind schedule.

Had been thinking I would use a NWNF, but having read Vauben's guide, thought I could issue the NBA myself and then follow through with someone like Bott & co if necessary. Had also checked on Bottonline before I sent my original complaint, and like above, it did suggest that I would be eligible.

Do I need to appeal via the CAA first?

Weather was not affecting departures.
  • JPears
    CAA about as useful as chocolate fireguard.
    DIY as almost certainly NOT an EC due to knock on AND previous delay from tech.

• richardw wrote: »
    They also posted as Cityboy here and elsewhere, we have to thank BA for cancelling Centipede/Cityboy's flight from Tampa and the consequential valuable knowledge sharing.

Hmmm, memories of the earlier years....

It was a real shame that centipedes posts got culled, I'm sure he did quite well, just a shame that he might have had to agree to his posts being removed.
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • JPears wrote: »
    CAA about as useful as chocolate fireguard.
    DIY as almost certainly NOT an EC due to knock on AND previous delay from tech.

Yeah I would agree, I thought the previous knock on was due entirely to weather, a burst tyre should be easier to prove, odd how J2 blame the weather on the flight concerned and make no mention of the knock on delay.

• JPears
    Yeah I would agree, I thought the previous knock on was due entirely to weather, a burst tyre should be easier to prove, odd how J2 blame the weather on the flight concerned and make no mention of the knock on delay.
    Sarcasm has no place here....:D;)

• PomBear
    PomBear Posts: 172 Forumite
    Would they not mention the tyre because they'd have been within the three hours if wind had been favourable for landing?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure