First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    ..... and on Sports and Fitness today ...... but there's no Spam button
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,102 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    With the Counterfeit currency and passports spammers active again this afternoon on Martins Appearances could it be considered thatMSE Towers are complicite or aiding and abbeting the spammers by permitting them to advertise ?
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Shame MSE Towers can't IP trace these muppets and get the SAS sent in to deal with them: they could be ISIS / ISIL / Al Qaeda supporters from any money they get off vulnerable people...
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Over 100 threads in various bursts from multiple usernames this morning. :(
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Stevie_Palimo
    Stevie_Palimo Posts: 3,306 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I don't think that certain people realise how big the internet actually is and also how difficult it is to police, You cannot monitor every new poster and whilst something can be put in place to prevent junk posts that contain certain key words a poster who really wants to start a thread for wives, dating, passports or any other rubbish that the majority find irritating will do there upmost to plaster them on different forums.

Quite simply as the old saying goes, Ignore if they annoy you that much and if you want to be a online police officer then keep hitting the spam function as that is what is designed for after all, And one final thing about restricting a new poster well this is a ludicrous comment and cannot be a way to solve the issue I'm afraid if someone needs genuine help and comes on here looking for this then they really cannot wait for a year to post numerous questions they may have about something concerning them.
  • jungliemac
    jungliemac Posts: 435 Forumite
    Options
    How many people have to press the spam button before its removed? Anyone know? Or do we collectively press it then it goes to an admin?
    It's worse earlier on but I'm sure it's becoming more frequent lately.
    True MSE'r -Money Spending Expert :D
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    More black magic / love spam in the Credit Cards board.

I've marked them all as spam, but the moron keeps posting more every couple of minutes or so.
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    ciaccino wrote: »
    Captchas for the first 50 posts.

captcha on signup would do the same job surely?
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Already is one on signup. A new one to be solved on every post could in theory help more, but depends on the type and how easy they are to get a machine or captcha farm to solve them in quick order. Many spam bots can cope with weak captchas very easily.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    captcha on signup would do the same job surely?

No, because once you have been able to signup, then you have free reign to spam the board. On all other boards I'm signed up to (with the exception of Reddit), my first posts are moderated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure