Old thread: 2012 Forum redesign

Comments

• MrsDrink
    MrsDrink Posts: 4,538 Forumite
    Don't like the users name and details above their posts - it makes reading a thread harder because you have to 'ignore' the bits in green.

(I also agree with comments about the menu 'pop ups'. It's frustrating when you accidently move your mouse slightly too high when going to click on the different levels of the forums and having everything covered by the menu 'pop up' so I can't click on what I wanted to!! e.g. using this to click 'MoneySaving & The Site': Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > MoneySaving & The Site > Site Feedback > NEW new MSE forum design (Page 10) Someone above mentioned altering the time it takes for the pop up to come up - that'd work brilliantly for me).
  • Sorry don't like it, I never understand why change something if it's not broken?
  • missy7 wrote: »
    I don't like it... it's better when avatar (and rest ) is on left side (no on the top)

I completely agree. Having all the details at the top of the posts seems to break up the flow of the thread.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Gleek
    Gleek Posts: 710 Forumite
    First Post
    lavinia21 wrote: »
    I really like the new version I find it very clean and easy to use thumbs up from me

And me, posts are much easier to read IMO, especially when you have half/half screen and have something else open on the other half of your screen. No repositioning to read the post only and missing who has posted it n the side.

Much prefer it :)
    Princess Sparklepants
  • Don't like it. it's giving me a headache. It's too bright and 'shouty'.

I want to change back to the old version, but the option to do that is not working - help! Please tell me how I can change back for today at least, as this new format is so tiring to the eyes.

:(
  • cinders59
    cinders59 Posts: 7,627 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I'm sorry I still don't like it :(
    Thanks to all who post comps :)
    ITV winners membersclub#2
  • I don't really mind it but my eyes keep wanting to "read" what should be at the left - but I would guess they have plans to put adverts or something in that space - as there is on the right,
    I think it might be ok on my phone tho - I usually read all the posts but have NO idea who is posting.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

ALSO - the info is missing where we are - & I LIKE where I am, & it really helps on our elite 11+ thread with our coded messages:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I say "THANKS" to posts that make me smile - Oh and really good glitches.:j
    Good things come to those who wait:A Bad things come on express delivery:(
  • MrsDrink
    MrsDrink Posts: 4,538 Forumite
    Are the 'ticks' missing that show which threads you've replied to?
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Don't like it. it's giving me a headache. It's too bright and 'shouty'.

I want to change back to the old version, but the option to do that is not working - help! Please tell me how I can change back for today at least, as this new format is so tiring to the eyes.

:(

Click here ---> Edit Options

Then select the option you want from the dropdown list under "forum skin".

Save those changes.

The current style you are using is also stored in a MSE cookie, so if clicking the switch back link or changing that setting doesn't work, then you probably need to clear that cookie as well.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • I don't know it this happens to everyone...but when I click 'Enter' and go back to the list of Comps, I would love the green tick to be displayed there and not have to refresh to see what I have entered.
    A huge thank you :kisses2: to all ones who take the time to post these competitions. I always seem to find them way after someone else does and is too late to post. :rotfl:
    Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport