New Look Forum - Hope you like it (you can change back if not)

Options
MSE_Martin
MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 25 May 2010 at 9:36AM in Site feedback
This thread is now closed please see the

New MSE Forum Look thread

for all info

Hi folks,

Today (Mon 24 May 10) we've launched a major cosmetic revamp of the MSE forum, the first in four years.

We hope you like it - its cleaner, easier to navigate and the forum text starts higher up the page so you can see more of the discussion and lots of small tweaks too.

Do let us know what you think of it (though the team and I have put 100s hours of hard work in, so if you don't like it be gentle).

Having said that we're pretty sure its a big improvement we put it out to extensive testing (see new MSE forum test) and got many great suggestions that we incorporated, so we're going to run with it.

Want to switch back

While this is the default view, if you preferred the old view you can switch back to it, provided you're a logged in (registered) user.

To do that go to your User CP using the link at the top of the page. Click on Edit Options. Scroll down, find the Forum Skin drop down menu, and select MSE V1 from the list. Finally press the Save Changes button.

However before you do why not try it for a few days, this is the design we will be primarily supporting going forward.

Many of those in testing who originally didn't like the "change" found it a major improvement once they'd got used to it.

Any problems or glitches

If you have any problems do report it too - just click reply.

Martin
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• SingleSue
    SingleSue Posts: 11,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 24 May 2010 at 10:47AM
    Options
    Can't say I am liking it at the moment but will give it a few days to get used to it.

It seems to be on the go slow at the moment too, not sure if that is where everything is changing over but again, will watch that.

The navigation back to the section or to the main forum from a thread was fun to find too! Now found it but it appears too high on the page...again, hopefully something else I will get used to.
    We made it! All three boys have graduated, it's been hard work but it shows there is a possibility of a chance of normal (ish) life after a diagnosis (or two) of ASD. It's not been the easiest route but I am so glad I ignored everything and everyone and did my own therapies with them.
    Eldests' EDS diagnosis 4.5.10, mine 13.1.11 eekk - now having fun and games as a wheelchair user.
  • lizb3112
    lizb3112 Posts: 106 Forumite
    Options
    Looks good but it's taking ages to load pages
    2009 - Tatton Flower Show tickets
    2010 - Atul Kochhur master class, Oban Chocolate Company Hamper, 2 Date Night tickets, Elmis facial scrub, 2 tickets to Isle of Man Bay Festival, £250 Travelex Card, Sports Watch, Aqua Pura vouchers
    2011 - £50 French Connection Voucher
  • Reverbe
    Reverbe Posts: 4,210 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 24 May 2010 at 10:47AM
    Options
    Sorry it's yukky. Will be changing back asap. Also have you considered with the use of all the green that some MSE users could be colourblind?

Also seems to be taking ages to load pages and submit posts..
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
  • Drea
    Drea Posts: 9,892 Forumite
    Options
    Very very slow :(
    Just because you made a mistake doesn't mean you are a mistake.
  • BargainGalore
    BargainGalore Posts: 5,243 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Very very slow at mo

also spelling mistake

5pi2vnlsq909ccb1u727.jpg
  • catz747
    catz747 Posts: 20,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The pages are taking ages to load, I might come back to it in a few days to see if it works any better then.
  • markdavey
    markdavey Posts: 617 Forumite
    Options
    Its soooo sloooowwww!!!
  • jinky67
    jinky67 Posts: 47,812 Forumite
    Options
    very slow here too, hopefully that is just the changeover effect
    :heartpulsOnce a Flylady, always a Flylady:heartpuls
  • andyrules
    andyrules Posts: 3,558 Forumite
    Options
    Much too slow - I just disconnected/reconnected everything thinking it was Virgin again! Don't know about features, am having enough trouble loading a page. :(

Also, the smilies have slunk underneath the boxes on the right.
  • toomanykids
    toomanykids Posts: 6,424 Forumite
    Options
    I like it..............:o

very, very slow but then so am I

but the green is a bit over the top, could we have a nicer colour please?

MSE has been pimped and I like it :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport