P.I.P. timescales...

Comments

• My PIP form was sent in a few days before it was due, I received the 'we havent received it yet' reminder letter.

Trouble is I am worrying I didnt fill the dorm in properly. The more I think about it there was much more detailed information I could have added, but I was having a bad month and was finding the form hard to complete.

I sent it in around 14th August so about a month ago now. Could be early days I suppose but I haven't heared anything about it. I did state on the form that I had difficulty using the telephone so I would appreciate communication in writing if at all posible but I still haven't heared anything.

I do have an appointment next week with the rhumatologist (which seemed to appear from knowhere as I recall my next appointment should be anual check up in January - although saying this I have consulted my Dr about the condition worsening in the past few months so perhaps it was a referel from the dr ?? ).

Does anyone have a timescale on how much longer I need to wait or how to chase it up please? I am being patient but I am worrying whether they got the form and dismissed it as being late or something.

Thanks

:)
    Failure is only someone elses judgement.
    Without change there would be no butterflies.
    If its important to you, you'll find a way - if not, you'll find an excuse ! ~ Easy to say when you take money out of the equation!
  • portly1
    portly1 Posts: 283 Forumite
    CTcelt1988 wrote: »

So it has been put back to the 28th October.

What really concerns me and many have asked me if I know the answer is what happens to those that failed to gain the Enhanced Mobility Element when it was under the 20 metre rule if they do in fact move it upwards to say 30 metres and they would have passed it at that new level? - Re-apply????

You can't have two sets of PIP applicants being tested under different rules.

Given that the 20 metre rule is already in force and people have been tested against that level, how could the government justify actually changing it now?

Surely it should have been set at the right level at the start not part way through the assessing programme?
  • Finally got the dreaded letter from ATOS, my assessment is on 18th October, so about 3 months after I first applied! Dreading it already.
  • portly1 wrote: »
    So it has been put back to the 28th October.

What really concerns me and many have asked me if I know the answer is what happens to those that failed to gain the Enhanced Mobility Element when it was under the 20 metre rule if they do in fact move it upwards to say 30 metres and they would have passed it at that new level? - Re-apply????

You can't have two sets of PIP applicants being tested under different rules.

Given that the 20 metre rule is already in force and people have been tested against that level, how could the government justify actually changing it now?
    Simply.

Because - as noted above - nobody has actually seen a completed PIP claim yet.
  • Widelats
    Widelats Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    schrodie wrote: »
    How do you know he was a 'quality control guy'?

He told me so, plus the physiotherapist forgot a few things like giving me a travel expenses form and the "Quality control guy" stepped in and reminded him.
    Owed out = lots. :cool:
  • Widelats
    925dancer wrote: »
    Finally got the dreaded letter from ATOS, my assessment is on 18th October, so about 3 months after I first applied! Dreading it already.

Well, this assessment i had has only been my first one, and honestly there is nothing to dread, my physio was brilliant, understood the problems i was having and was polite, friendly and very helpful, listened to everything i had to say and told me they are not here to torture anyone and if i did not feel ok doing any particular exercise to simply say no and that would be fine.

If you get a idiot assessor i guess your experience will be different from mine.
  • Widelats wrote: »
    He told me so, plus the physiotherapist forgot a few things like giving me a travel expenses form and the "Quality control guy" stepped in and reminded him.

So a stranger sat in with you during the assessment? On what basis? On what authority?

I would question this as I thought that it was private.

If that happens to me either he goes or I do!
  • Widelats wrote: »
    Well, this assessment i had has only been my first one, and honestly there is nothing to dread, my physio was brilliant, understood the problems i was having and was polite, friendly and very helpful, listened to everything i had to say and told me they are not here to torture anyone and if i did not feel ok doing any particular exercise to simply say no and that would be fine.

That sounds vaguely similar to an ESA assessment and then you get a letter telling you that you have failed!!
  • Widelats
    portly1 wrote: »
    So a stranger sat in with you during the assessment? On what basis? On what authority?

I would question this as I thought that it was private.

If that happens to me either he goes or I do!

You may be right. I may have to question this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport