EXPIRED £10 to spend at Tesco for £5 MightyDeals

Comments

• wendywaugh
    wendywaugh Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Please let us know how you get on with Paypal. I was going to report it to them but was n't sure if they would do anything as we should be refunded what we paid out - £5.
  • SerenityFire
    SerenityFire Posts: 32 Forumite
    Another one here who got the email saying i'd unsubscribed. Shocking treatment!
    Start Balance - Oct 14 - £140,000 :eek:
    Oct 14 (65 months to go) £139,466-£5,248 = £134,248
    Mar 16 (48 months to go) £114,332 -£6,706 = £107,626
    Sep 16 (42 months to go) £105,000 -£6,642.16 = £98,357.84 :j
    (Mortgage-Savings= (What I need to get!)
  • Hello,

New here, signed up just to tell my experience from this. I got the deal originally from HUKD. I got the same "if you don't spend mighty cash, your voucher will be refunded," and the "you have more than one account," All BS.

They are a scam company, they have taken the money in bulk to make interest on it, and illegally entice people to spend more money via their mighty cash to release the voucher. They might say they will refund you, but you may find you have to chargeback/dispute it. They have no intention of refunding you, they push it further back to make you give in. Also unrelated, they find products from China and sell them on as packaged bargains. With many people not even having their product turn up.

What makes me laugh is that, the rep says the original "have to spend £5 mighty cash" was an error, and yet when they emailed me they were still using that as an excuse. Their new excuse is the dual accounts. To note their original T&C's when signing up had no mention of any of this at all. So they have dug their own grave.

My review has been censored by them, as is many others. Which I think is a huge violation on consumer rights. I have an uncle whom is a barrister, he has filed an official complaint to ASA and Trading Standards. I have also contacted Tesco who have confirmed that Mighty Deals is not affiliated in any way with them. In fact Tesco stated that the company would have to get permission from them to even do such an offer in the first place. Which is funny because when Mighty Deals emailed me, they said that they were affiliated with Tesco, and working with them on this offer. They have also ammended their T&C's many times.

I ask that you please not ignore this. That's how they win. Please contact Tesco on their facebook. Make them aware of the many people that they have messed with. File a complaint with ASA and Trading Standards. Email Tesco. It may be £5 but that's why they did the deal like that, part of the rouse is to benefit from the people that won't care about taking the loss. It adds up to them.

Legal action can definitely be taken because it has affected so many people on such a large scale. Look at Trust Pilot for example.

I have had my review censored on Trustpilot as well - reviewers are only telling the truth and trying to warn others but clearly Mighty Deals have some influence and having these removed which is very sad!
    I totally agree with you Adam - there were many issues with this firm before the Tesco problem. If people research thoroughly before buying there are many deals than can be found a quarter of the price on EBay from Far East sellers if you are prepared to wait a bit longer!! The p & p charges are also overpriced which pushes a bargain into normal price bracket. Dealing with third parties is a nightmare if an item needs returning!
    So hopefully the issues around the Tesco issue will now highlight all the other reasons people should avoid Mighty Deals!
    They have now had the cheek to send me a new Tesco deal £20 for £10 - having told me I am not eligible for previous one - are they really that stupid ??? It would be funny if it wasn't so annoying :mad:
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Just a thought for anyone considering cancelling or asking PayPal for a refund..........

Isn't this perhaps exactly what these charlatans are hoping for?

The emails containing the Tesco £10 link aren't due out under the terms of the offer until 15 May, and any purchases that are cancelled before then will obviously cut down the number they have to fulfill.

Maybe they know exactly what they're doing in sending out all the 'cancellation' emails. Maybe they know perfectly well that they can't cancel because their own T&C don't allow them to. Maybe they're just hoping customers will effectively cancel their own orders. ;)
  • lynnemcf
    lynnemcf Posts: 1,233 Forumite
    I have escalated to a claim with Paypal and I have emailed Tesco and Mighty Deals using the emails above. I am angry I have been tricked by this company and want my money back.
  • So I received this email after mentioning getting legal action due to misrepresentation:

Liam, May 13, 11:33:
    Good morning,
    I have checked our systems and I can confirm you have no duplicated accounts or have unsubscribed from mighty deals so your voucher code and redemption link for the Tesco digital gift card will be sent to you on the 15/05/2015.
    You will then just need to following the steps in the redemption process to receive your Tesco Digital Gift Card.
    Thank you
    Regards
    Liam
    Customer Support Agent

Thing is, they have riled me up and I won't be silenced for it. Tesco spokeperson have confirmed what they are doing is infringing on their rights. So I expect their to be some backlash from this. Your best bet against this is ASA and Tesco. They are looking into this, Tesco are probably going to file an official report on them.
  • Tesco have actually turned round now and said this is a legitimate offer that they support thoroughly. Typical. Even though people are being censored on Trust Pilot, and are being scammed by this shady company.

I think next step is Action Fraud, including that Tesco are allowing their customers to be scammed.
  • hellomoto
    hellomoto Posts: 281 Forumite
    Response:

"Thank you for contacting Mighty Deals Customer Support. My Name is Liam and I am going to help you with your enquiry today.
    I can see from your account you have unsubscribed on the 21/01/2015 and as a result you are outside the terms of the Tesco Digital Gift Card deal. This mean unfortunately you will be refunded for the deal. Please allow 5-7 days for the refund to be showing in your account"

I have opened a Paypal dispute just to annoy them now, surely unsubscribing would require some action from myself?

:-(
    Thanks!! :D:D:D
  • Middlestitch
    Middlestitch Posts: 1,486 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I too had the 'you have unsubscribed...' rubbish. I've done nothing of the sort!
  • lynnemcf
    lynnemcf Posts: 1,233 Forumite
    Has anyone else had spam from Steve Claridge steve@theywinyouwin.com Google put this in my spam box yesterday and unsubscribed me, but when I did a search of my mail for correspondence from MightyDeals the message from Steve Claridge steve@theywinyouwin.com came up, very fishy!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure