Wimbledon tickets

My friend and I applied to the Wimbledon ticket draw in the hope that one of us would get tickets and we could go together.
She got a letter today to say that she has been successful .

Unfortunately (or not as in this case) she has has word that an op she has been waiting for for ages is to be scheduled for June and she will be unable to attend.

Obviously, she has offered me the tickets as it was always the intention we would go together, however, the tickets will be in her name and all over the letter it states time and again that they are not transferable. I would still like to go and take my daughter.

Does anyone know if there are id checks at the gates? I’ve read that actually it’s so busy that there are none but I wouldn’t want to risk ticket prices, flights and hotels if there are.
Has anyone been recently that can confirm?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• amcl
    amcl Posts: 221 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi, I’ve been a couple of times and each time they’ve checked my photo ID and payment card before handing over the tickets - that said, I was collecting tickets from the gate whereas I think if they are ballot tickets you get sent these in advance so perhaps the procedure is different? Hopefully someone who has had ballot tickets before can better advise you. Good luck and if you can go, have a great time!
  • Leothecat
    Leothecat Posts: 1,492 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for your reply. You’ve said the same thing another girl in work told me who has been a couple of times. She had to show id when collecting at the box office but not when they had them sent in advance.
    I think we will probably risk it.
    Cheers
  • blues
    blues Posts: 268 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I've won tickets through the ballot several times and I've never been checked for ID when entering the ground. You should be fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure