Staying with Vodafone under partner's name?

Hi there,

My partner's mobile contract is with Vodafone and they've been spamming her with offers for high speed broadband at £25pm (18 month contract).

We're coming to the end of our current Vodafone BB contract at £24pm, and I wondered if anyone had experience of staying with their provider but starting a new contract under another resident's name. Is it permitted? The address is technically not a new customer, but the individual is...

We've had very few problems at all with the service (one of the few?)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• As I understand once the contract has ended the service provider no longer have any hold on you. The address doesn't have anything to do with it in reality, it's the customers name that they are interested in as it is that that is tied to the contract for billing purposes. There seems to be no reason as to why you should not be able to start a new contract in a another name, but before you do that you would use the fact that you are a customer to haggle the price of your continued service and loyalty with them.
  • Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    You will not get any new customer discounts unless you teminate the line first and then get a new one. Can you live without the service for a month?
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,923
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    And you will loose your number and likely have to pay a reprovisioning charge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure