Sky Q Pixelation

venomx
venomx Posts: 1,118 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
Hi.
Had my SkyQ install a week ago and it's been perfect however, some " on demand " and " Catchup " stuff seems to pixelate every 10 mins or so. Some programmes work fine, some programmes pixelate.

Live TV and Recorded TV work fine.

As it's so rare that it occurs I doubt sky will take action on this, or am i wrong ?

Thanks

Comments

• That's a broadband or connection issue, how is your BB generally?
  • venomx
    BT 70mb down.
    Stable as anything, never goes down.

I download the file to my box and then play it, it's not being streamed live.

The interesting thing is, if it glitches, and i rewind to where it glitched, it never does it again ?
  • Sorry, it appears I was wrong and it's a known problem.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Pixelation-on-recordings/td-p/2938375

To save you trolling through the entire thread there is no guaranteed solution. Some people claim to have resolved it by changing the HDMI lead.
  • venomx
    Sorry, it appears I was wrong and it's a known problem.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Pixelation-on-recordings/td-p/2938375

To save you trolling through the entire thread there is no guaranteed solution. Some people claim to have resolved it by changing the HDMI lead.

Hi. Yes i'm aware of that thread so thanks for that.

If it was a HDMI issue, then surely everything would have ocasional glitches including live Tv ?
  • E30M3
    E30M3 Posts: 73 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    venomx wrote: »
    If it was a HDMI issue, then surely everything would have ocasional glitches including live Tv ?
    How occasional is yours?
    you just might not have experienced it, yet, on live TV...
  • venomx
    E30M3 wrote: »
    How occasional is yours?
    you just might not have experienced it, yet, on live TV...

Every 10 to 15 minutes.
    I know it's being a bit petty but i'm paying good money for my Sky and expect it to be 100% stable

Some of it never glitches, some of them glitch ocasionally. Really confused !
    Sky deny knowing of any pixelation problems however their forum would suggest otherwise.

I called up today and the lady said to a reboot etc which I have, asked if its hard wired i said yes, then she said it could be the broadband. If it was live streaming then yes the broadband could be an issue but it's not live streamed, its pre-downloaded onto my HDD

:beer:
  • E30M3
    E30M3 Posts: 73 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    venomx wrote: »
    Every 10 to 15 minutes.
    I know it's being a bit petty but i'm paying good money for my Sky and expect it to be 100% stable

Some of it never glitches, some of them glitch ocasionally. Really confused !
    Sky deny knowing of any pixelation problems however their forum would suggest otherwise.

I called up today and the lady said to a reboot etc which I have, asked if its hard wired i said yes, then she said it could be the broadband. If it was live streaming then yes the broadband could be an issue but it's not live streamed, its pre-downloaded onto my HDD

:beer:

Agree, I'd be annoyed with that too!
    Could be to do with the frame rate for those specifics and compatibility with your TV, I believe they are configurable, might be worth taking a look?
  • venomx
    I've changed from 1080p to 1080i and massive improvement !
  • venomx wrote: »
    I've changed from 1080p to 1080i and massive improvement !

Interesting, I was going to update that Sky thread but it looks like you've done so already. @Quoman7's "help" was funny though...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure