New Comper

Options
Hi all, I’m a new comper and so far really enjoying entering competitions. Any hints and tips on what info should or not to be sent? Thank you :j

Comments

• Ms_Dee
    Ms_Dee Posts: 7,875 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Welcome to MSE, Just enter those that you are interested in, enter and forget. I make sure I see what is required, if my phone number isn't required I don't enter it in, to help stop nuisance calls, also check all the tick boxes too to help with it as well.

Posting Comps

If you are posting a competition it goes End date / Prize and Type.
    Example: E: 02/03 Win a car (FB)
    So always include the 0's
    Always check the link in the search engine before posting competitions, this should ensure you don't make a duplicate of what someone else has posted.

Entering comps
    - Enter and forget (although if you get a winning email, you can use the forum search to see if it is genuine and find out who posted the competition so you can thank them in I won, I won, I won, forum.)
    - Enter everything you want (the more you enter, the more chances you are of getting a win)
    - Enter different types of competitions (you'll see FB, TW, Gleam, RC and more, these are telling you the type of competition)
    - Enter local competitions (those that require collection will have a significantly less entries as you have to collect it, therefore more chance of winning.)
    - Enter effort competitions (those that require a photo or a little effort will usually have less entries, giving you more chance of winning.)

When I was entering around 50-200 a day I was winning 2-12 competitions a month, most of my wins come from Gleams.
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.
  • simes1962
    Options
    I'm a new comper too, so all the best Barnsy :)

I have a question for you experienced folks, these magazine online sites like Take a Break, have loads of easy to enter comps, but the fifty or so other mag pages also run by Bauer Media, when they say they have, for example, the same laptop to be won, is that for each magazine page or just one prize for all Bauer titles?

And has anyone on here won anything from those sites? Ta! :)
  • Ms_Dee
    Ms_Dee Posts: 7,875 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    simes1962 wrote: »
    I'm a new comper too, so all the best Barnsy :)

I have a question for you experienced folks, these magazine online sites like Take a Break, have loads of easy to enter comps, but the fifty or so other mag pages also run by Bauer Media, when they say they have, for example, the same laptop to be won, is that for each magazine page or just one prize for all Bauer titles?

And has anyone on here won anything from those sites? Ta! :)

It depends, a lot of the time it is one prize over all the sites, correct me if I'm wrong. People win regularly on the Mag dailies you just have to look in the IWIWIW forum section to see here. It is always good to check that category if you wonder if anyone wins, just go to IWIWIW and use the search engine. It is also good to have a look if you are having a dry patch as it helps to motivate some people.

Welcome to the forum too and Good Luck!
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.
  • simes1962
    Options
    Thank You Ms Dee.

One more question, all holiday prizes are for two people.
    What if I win, I'm single!
    Find a partner quickly (haha!) or just turn up at the hotel and make some excuse that my 'partner' couldn't make it, and make some excuse. :)

Do they cause a fuss if you don't bring someone?
  • Verksies
    Verksies Posts: 269 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Do you not have a friend or relative you could take instead? :D
    Jan £162 / Feb £???
  • simes1962
    Options
    The thought of sharing a double bed with my brother or a male friend fills me with horror! :

I suspect the notion would cause them some consternation too! :rotfl:
  • escapevelocity
    Options
    I'm single and have just won a trip to Lisbon. I've looked up the hotel and it has twin rooms as well as doubles, so I'll be requesting one of those and taking my brother. Plenty of hotels have rooms with two beds, so I'm sure you'd be fine.
    WINS // 5 PRIZES IN 2021 // 2021 PRIZE TOTAL £61,000+ 🤯 // 86 PRIZES IN 2020 // 2020 PRIZE TOTAL £9,467 // 41 PRIZES IN 2019 // 2019 PRIZE TOTAL £15,365 //
  • Verksies
    Options
    simes1962 wrote: »
    The thought of sharing a double bed with my brother or a male friend fills me with horror! :

I suspect the notion would cause them some consternation too! :rotfl:

Most holiday prizes stipulate twin or double room :) read the T&C to double check :D
    Jan £162 / Feb £???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport