Need some customised printed t-shirts, cheap.

Options
Hi all,
I'm starting a business with a friend of mine and need a few branded t-shirts for us to wear. I have a logo that I'd like incorporated into the t-shirt, but it'll be small and a single colour. I'll need 10-20 to start out with.

If anyone can recommend a cheap, reliable supplier, that would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• PDC
    PDC Posts: 805 Forumite
    Options
    I normally use awesomemerchandise.com for anything like this. Also know someone who uses balconyshirts.co.uk and is happy with their service.

You will likely find a local small business may be cheaper for these kind of numbers and they will also help you with the artwork if needed.
  • Elise1912
    Options
    I would say vista print or you can always create your own merch with printify.
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Locate a teenager with a colour printer & haul a wad of T shirts to them? The inkjet transfers are cheap and straightforward - if you buy a bale of T shirts off ebay you can afford the really nice thick cotton ones rather than the cheap thinner cotton ones.

You can then consider if you want to find someone with a ferociously smart sewing machine. An embroidered logo washes better, so the whole garment lasts longer.

Ask your local Scout pack for advice? They often need a few T shirts sorting & can route you to their local person.
  • icebergx
    icebergx Posts: 688 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your help with this.
    I managed to find a supplier via a friend who can do Fruit of the Loom polo t-shirts for £13.99 each, with front and back printing, so I'll probably go with that. Appreciate your help.
  • PDC
    PDC Posts: 805 Forumite
    Options
    Locate a teenager with a colour printer & haul a wad of T shirts to them? The inkjet transfers are cheap and straightforward - if you buy a bale of T shirts off ebay you can afford the really nice thick cotton ones rather than the cheap thinner cotton ones.

You can then consider if you want to find someone with a ferociously smart sewing machine. An embroidered logo washes better, so the whole garment lasts longer.

Ask your local Scout pack for advice? They often need a few T shirts sorting & can route you to their local person.

I've done a few one off shirts with those inkjet transfers myself, they are fine if you want the print on a white shirt but I've found they only last a couple of dozen washes.
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My lad's looking into learning screen printing to improve visible design longevity.

There are three T shirts which are mostly wardrobe only until his portfolio has been examined.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,644 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Elise1912 wrote: »
    LiamHyde wrote: »

Very interesting
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Elise1912
    Elise1912 Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    I suggest taking a look at Alibaba, you can always ask them for samples from china. although their MOQ are probably 300-500, you can ask them for samples. The unit price would be so much cheaper!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure