Chartered Trust/Black Horse

Hi all,

I used the templete letter off here for a claim against Chartered Trust/Blackhorse 8 months ago, they replied and stated they could not find any details of my accounts as over 12 years ago, so gave up!! , on seeing an advert for the claims guys i thought id give them a try and what a suprise they have found my 2 accounts including account numbers. I duly completed all their relevant paperwork and agreed to the final fee, this was in September, Black Horse at Cardiff contacted me informing they would be in conatct to ask a few questions by December 12th, no telephone call but another letter saying they need more time to investigate my loans, now another 6 weeks has passed, ive called the claims guys and they are chasing Black Horse,,any one else had similar experiences?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,296 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Black Horse may take a bit longer on cases with little or no admin as they need to find the loan and then find out if its one they are liable for or if its a car dealer or broker (in those cases, Black Horse is not liable for the complaint). It takes time.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Pudge2016 wrote: »
    on seeing an advert for the claims guys i thought id give them a try and what a suprise they have found my 2 accounts including account numbers. I duly completed all their relevant paperwork and agreed to the final fee,...

That doesn't really make any sense. No CMC has any access to any of your records. They would not have been able to even contact Black Horse until you'd "completed all their relevant paperwork" and authorised them to do so.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Almost certainly the claims firm just sent a SAR in and got the details that way, something OP was able to do and could have been advised to do on here for free
  • I have a claim in with Black Horse, they have confirmed they have found 8 accounts for me however they just keep sending me 8 week holding letters, I am on to the third now. They will not confirm if they have upheld the claim but advised it is calculation department and this could take another 7 weeks. Is this right they can take so long and is there anything I can do to speed things up?
  • Not really. Just be patient.
  • I thought I had been patient considering it has been 24 weeks... that is nearly 6 months
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Do remember that unless Black Horse actually sold you the package then they are not liable. They need to establish how each one was sold and then if they are liable and then if so, how much to pay. If you took out finance with a car dealership for example, if the car dealer sold you finance then it's them who are liable
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,296 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Some people waited multiple years.

Black Horse loans were often arranged by third parties. Indeed, more then they did themselves. So, Black Horse have to find the records and then find out who sold it. They are only required to consider their own sold loans. Not those sold by loan brokers and car dealers.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Crag30
    Crag30 Posts: 273 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    dunstonh wrote: »
    Not those sold by loan brokers and car dealers.

Sorry for the hijack. So who do we approach if a car dealer that is no longer trading, or at least trading under the name at purchase. I've had two failed attempts at Back Horse and can't seem to get anywhere, and only reading this post have I a little understanding of why
  • Crag30 wrote: »
    So who do we approach if a car dealer that is no longer trading, or at least trading under the name at purchase.
    There is no one to "approach" if the firm is no longer trading. Car dealers were not regulated prior to 2005 in any case.

Certainly, there was no point in approaching Black Horse (twice?)

Multiple duplicate "complaints" to the wrong entity is utterly futile.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure