IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking 24 mins

Options
huge1943
huge1943 Posts: 19 Forumite
edited 5 January 2019 at 5:45PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
"Driver XXX" went to collect the missed parcel from Royal mail and due to Christmas time, the waiting period was 24 minutes. Today The Keeper has received a PCN from Premier Parking asking to pay£100 - it shows random photos of the car and number plates.

I have read through your Forums but unsure when to appeal and what proforma to send? do the Keeper appeal now or wait for 29 days? I contacted Royal mail and informed them that the driver parked for parcel collection but they said they have nothing to do with the car park. Puregym on the same site have some system of entering car reg when members use it but neither the keeper or the driver are their member.

please help - how does the keeper appeal?

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Edit your post to remove information about who did what. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper, who are two different people. The Driver went to collect parcel.

Do this before you do anything else.

Send the blue template appeal from the sticky thread for NEWBIES now. I don't believe there is any suggestion about sending an appeal at day 29.

There is advice to send the appeal around day 26, but only if here was a windscreen ticket. For a NTK, the Keeper appeals straight away except in railway byelaw cases.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • huge1943
    Options
    Many thanks for all the suggestion and help. I as the keeper will appeal to them and will update how this goes.
  • huge1943
    Options
    Hello, they have rejected my appeal and asking for driver details under POFA2012. Looks like a standard reply to me. They have made no reference to POPLA in their email.

What is the next step please?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    huge1943 wrote: »
    Hello, they have rejected my appeal and asking for driver details under POFA2012. Looks like a standard reply to me. They have made no reference to POPLA in their email.

Have you read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,640 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    huge1943 wrote: »

Have they actually rejected your appeal, or are they just waiting for you to nominate the driver before continuing?
  • huge1943
    Options
    Yes I have... but sorry I am bit confused. Do I write to Premiere to issue me POPLA code or do I write to POPLA directly? Still trying to figure out what template I can use once we reach POPLA stage.
  • KeithP
    edited 14 January 2019 at 8:11PM
    Options
    You mention Premier Parking, but what is the precise name of the parking company?

Premier Parking Solutions Ltd are members of the IPC's Approved Operator Scheme and you will never get a PoPLA code from them.

However, Premier Park Ltd are members of the BPA's Approved Operator Scheme and a PoPLA code should be automatically supplied by them when they reject your appeal.

And in your latest post you have mentioned Premiere??

Can you please re-read that letter carefully and then answer my earlier question, in post #6?
  • huge1943
    Options
    Appeal email response has been pasted bellow:

We write to acknowledge receipt of your recent online appeal, on behalf of the driver, appealing against the issuing of a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) to the vehicle.
    We note your comments and must refer you to the Protection of Freedoms Act (PoFA) 2012, Schedule 4 - Recovery of unpaid Parking Charges. This is available to view online at:

We must therefore request that the details of the driver of the vehicle at the time of the contravention are supplied; this must include their full name and serviceable UK postal address. If you are unwilling or unable to provide these details the registered keeper of this vehicle will remain liable for this PCN. This information should be provided by 4th February 2019. Please note, Premier Park Limited will not reply to any correspondence until after the above date, if the requested information is not provided.

If we do not receive this information by the date given, the registered keeper of the vehicle at the date of event will be held liable.

If you would like to view our photographic evidence, please visit .....
    Please respond by return or by filling in the Transfer of Liability form on the reverse of the PCN and posting it to Premier Park, PO Box 624, Exeter, EX1 9JG.
  • KeithP
    Options
    As suspected.

Ignore that letter and wait patiently for your appeal rejection and PoPLA code some time next month.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    this must include their full name and serviceable UK postal address.
    Nowhere in PoFA does it require the UK 'address for service' (the correct wording) for the driver.

Time for a complaint to the BPA and the DVLA that this is a misleading term and is not backed up by the very law the PPC is quoting. Ask both to investigate and demand that the PPC rectifies the error of its way.

steve.c@britishparking.co.uk

ccrt@dvla.gov.uk
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport