Pokemon Cards

Hi, (please move this if it is not in the right area)

I am trying to boost my income by selling old/unwanted things and came across my old Pokemon cards. Does anyone know if these are still worth anything - I know they were a few years ago but wasn't sure if the hype had died down. If so does anyone know where i can sell them?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,618 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Have you looked on eBay to see if any are being sold on there
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Following the launch of Pokemon GO there was huge hype around pokemon for some time, which I think is what you are referring to.

However, pokemon is still popular. There are still new pokemon games coming out to this day.

If the cards you have are original they will be worth a lot of money. The chances are that, whilst they are not original, they are probably still worth something and you could make some money out of them!

There is a website called pokemonprices.com, and this can give you a rough estimate of what a card is worth, albeit in US dollars.

Ryan
  • Frozenace
    Frozenace Posts: 258 Forumite
    Back when you were playing, you might have already sorted out the rares and ultra rares, then start with selling them first, since they're likely to bring in the most money.

I went through a phase of buying lots of magic cards just to sell, but can't get myself to sell the really nice ones.
  • Thanks for the help. is Ebay the best place to sell them? i wasn't sure if there was a place/website that would buy them from you like Music Magpie would with CDs/DVDs eat..
  • Hardisty92 wrote: »
    Thanks for the help. is Ebay the best place to sell them? i wasn't sure if there was a place/website that would buy them from you like Music Magpie would with CDs/DVDs eat..

I would say eBay is probably the easiest place to sell them, and probably would give the cards the most exposure.

However, there are specific pokemon card selling websites. A quick Google search brings up cardmarket.com, for example.

Ryan
  • some newer series would have card numbers i.e. 1/110 (card 1 out of 110 of the same series).

Shiny cards are usually worth more. The condition of the cards should be true to the actual. If they're stored in boxes in damp condition, they could get warped. More expensive cards should be sent well protected.

Any cards that aren't worth much on their own can also be sold as a bulk lot. Shipping can be added on top.
  • Yeah that is a good point that Frozenace made.
    If you have a load on common cards, you can stick say 50 or 100 together and sell them as a 'Common bulk', or something similar, on eBay.

Also, I know that some 'common' cards are quite valuable because they are used for tournament play. So you could look into this!
  • Madfool
    Madfool Posts: 53 Forumite
    Do you still have these? Ebay is a good place to look, for a rough guide price but i wouldn't sell on there. There are some pokemon groups on Facebook, these are the better places to go. They are full of honest people and you can find out the real value of your cards.

Like Magic Cards, they lose their value but some some are extremely rare, and could potentially be worth £££££ especially if you're lucky enough to have first editions like Charizard

Do you know what sets you have?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport