PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Comments

• I'd like to join you, please? I have sat paralysed for the last two years overwhelmed with life. I really need to declutter my small bedroom, it is rammed with rubbish. Each time I go up there I get so overwhelmed and just shut the door. I really think it will help me to clear my mind and get me motivated for life again. I don't have a strategy yet, but am hoping to get some tips from you all to get me started. Happy New Year everybody.
    Barclay Card £3600 [STRIKE]HSBC CC £2587[/STRIKE] ZERO
    Total CC Debt [STRIKE][STRIKE][STRIKE]£7755[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE][/STRIKE]
    COLOR="Red"]$[STRIKE]7151[/STRIKE][/COLOR] £6487
    November 2018 GC £25Pw/£100Pm Nov Grocery Challenge £83.56/£100 Dec GC £95.64/£125Jan 2019 GC COLOR="Red"]64.86/£125[/COLOR] Feb GC COLOR="DarkRed£100.43/]£125[/COLOR]March GC OR="Red"]145.00/125[/COLOR]
    April GC £130/£125 Aug GC £72.71/£100
  • Ellie79
    Ellie79 Posts: 127
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Hi all, I am quietly sneaking in rather than lurking. This year will be the year I actually get control of my house again. I have just finished a really long period of study and my house has been sorely neglected and we are bursting out the seams! So I want to make getting on top of the mess one of the priorities, along with various other life changes. It is a more general mess than one room of clutter, we don't have a spare room or that would be my office and I could live with the clutter there! I am trying to start with the kids' room. This may be a monumental task...
  • Me too, please. Need a big declutter but OH is reluctant to send anything on its way.

I’m aiming for a bag a week to get rid of (mainly charity shop, selling sites or recycling).
    Pay all your debts off by Xmas 2019 #37 £119.95 / £2500 4.79% paid
    £2 saver #24 - £4 saved
    365 penny challenge 2019 #16 - £26.05 / £667.95 (3.9%)
    Virtual Sealed Pot Challenge #8 £55.80 / £250 (22.3%)
  • Flugelhorn
    Flugelhorn Posts: 5,492
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 28 December 2018 at 11:11AM
    Time for me to join in - managed to clear late mother's bungalow last year and most went to charity shop / house clearance but rather too much crept into our second reception room. .. Also managed to clear airing cupboard and rationalised my wardrobe

However - there are also other parts of the house that need serious sorting - my study (never clear) the basement utility room (ahem)

Going to stick to those three and see how I get on - good to have some company
  • Me too please. Made a start on my bedroom yesterday. One black bin liner so far.

This year is the big one.....I won't be doing numbers but I reckon I could lose 50 per cent of my stuff and not miss it. :rotfl:
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Joining! I'm moving into a new house in early 2019, so aiming for a fresh start. 2019 items in 2019!!!
  • Sa1sysoo
    Sa1sysoo Posts: 297
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I'd love to join you guys this year too.
    Last year wasn't as great as I hoped, but we can only take steps forwards, right?
    Thank you for starting the new thread MrsSD.
    OH OD - £100.00/£100.00 Joint OD - £100.00/£100.00StepChange: £10,057.67
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,395
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Hello,
    I would like to join again. I did the challenge in 2017 and achieved the 2017 items by November. Last year I continued to declutter but just lurked.
    This year I am not sure if I will do the numbers yet, or whether I will just post what I have recycled to others/ charity shops, sold or binned.
    Gem-gem
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • Afternoon All
    Getting a head start on 2019. Post that came today dealt with immediately, junk mail straight in recycling, except my credit card bill (always a joy after Christmas) paid online and filed away. Emptied bins and wheelie bin out for collection tomorrow. Everyone happy with gifts bought for them, so receipts all thrown away. I really ought to have achieved more today, but I'm still in holiday mode :D.
    Top tip. Be ruthless when you pack your Christmas decs and wrap away and get rid of stuff you don't need or want or use. I did this last year, and it was so easy when I got my boxes out before Christmas.
    Guineapigsqueaks x

Keep Smiling :)
  • Oh I do love this thread, haven’t posted for a while, but this thread so appeals to me. I’m just sinking under my clutter, can’t even find some of the things that I had bought for Christmas gifts so have had to go out this morning to buy more, luckily only small stocking filler type things for two people and also lucky that I’m not seeing these friends till Sunday!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure