Help with Virgin Claim going to Court

Comments

• Thanks Waamo. Yeah, I'm flexible, but assuming it did go down the route of negotiation, would I be allowed any time to think about their offer or would I be expected to give an immediate answer? Also in negotiations, am I allowed to make a counter offer asking that they make some payment and also repair the damage or can I only ask for money?
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    In mediation you can ask for anything. You don't speak to VM directly it all goes through the mediator. They will push for a resolution so don't be bullied.

You have to agree terms by the end. If not the case progresses. You can continue to negotiate privately but there won't be a third party involved.
  • Ahh right I see. That's fair enough. Let's see what they come up with. As usual though, I'll keep you fully posted.

• Hello again guys.

MCOL is now showing new updates in the claim history....please could you advise what this means?

Thank you.
    A bar was put in place for Virgin Media Limited on 15/11/2018
    Virgin Media Limited filed a defence on 15/11/2018
    DQ sent to Virgin Media Limited on 15/11/2018
    Virgin Media Limited notified the court of a change of address on 15/11/2018
    Notification that DQ was sent to Virgin Media Limited was removed on 15/11/2018
    DQ sent to Virgin Media Limited on 15/11/2018
  • waamo
    All it means is the court have sent a bunch of paperwork out. It's being transferred to your local court. VM need to know which one that is.

You may well get some paperwork in the next few days as well. It will ask you if you want mediation.
  • Thank mate. Phew! Got really worried thinking they've thrown the case out, lol!

I'll let you know once I've received it.

Thanks again.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I'd also say they've passed your claim off to a very inexperienced solicitor (either that or they're not that good). Two things jumped out at me (but maybe I'm nitpicking...wouldn't be like me! :rotfl:)

One, their use of "please confirm if you disagree". Which doesn't make sense because confirm means to agree/affirm things as they are. Their wording makes it sound like they expect you to disagree.

Two, the signed box saying Virgin Media Ltd and position held being solicitor. They (or someone senior at virgin) should have signed their name and then put their position, VM are quite clearly not a solicitor.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • I'd also say they've passed your claim off to a very inexperienced solicitor (either that or they're not that good). Two things jumped out at me (but maybe I'm nitpicking...wouldn't be like me! :rotfl:)

One, their use of "please confirm if you disagree". Which doesn't make sense because confirm means to agree/affirm things as they are. Their wording makes it sound like they expect you to disagree.

Two, the signed box saying Virgin Media Ltd and position held being solicitor. They (or someone senior at virgin) should have signed their name and then put their position, VM are quite clearly not a solicitor.

Hehe. But would this make any difference whether I have more chance of winning/losing?
  • waamo
    Hehe. But would this make any difference whether I have more chance of winning/losing?

None whatsoever. It does point to you dealing with a bit of a novice though. They don't look to be chucking the kitchen sink at defending this.

I have a sneaky feeling they hope to settle via mediation. No evidence for this at all just a feeling.
  • waamo wrote: »
    None whatsoever. It does point to you dealing with a bit of a novice though. They don't look to be chucking the kitchen sink at defending this.

I have a sneaky feeling they hope to settle via mediation. No evidence for this at all just a feeling.

Couldn't agree more. Their staff are absolutely incompetent and useless. No wonder today's top business news is about VM being fined for overcharging customers. VM got hammered extra £25k fine for wait for it......"providing incomplete information to the regulator":

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46233110
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport