taking responsibilty to get me where I want to be

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Happy Monday and good luck with quitting ciggies. Not easy....but So worth it!!!
  • efes_shareholder
    efes_shareholder Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I gave up from 2004 to 2014 - Off all the choices I could change in my life , this is the one I would do in a heartbeat if I could

I've managed a few months at a time but its been much harder then I ever remember

I didn't want to vape however it seems to work for so many and nothing is working for me so lets see how we go x

smoking is expensive , it smells and is very selfish - I do not want my kids nursing me through a smoking related illness in their latter years
  • efes_shareholder
    Options
    so i checked my online bank and yesterday was my first NSD

i have £165 to last me 16 days until payday - technically its do able although I will need £40 at the weekend for a trip to my youngest at uni.

I take lunch from home and if I don't smoke I'm sure I can just scrape through

I work my budget out @ £7.81 per day after accounting for the fuel for my road trip

I do wish there wasnt a bank holiday however !!
  • efes_shareholder
    Options
    Today I feel like poo ! i have woken up with a congested head and sore throat , I am not sure whether I have the start of a cold or hay fever but my medicine supplies in my drawer at work are bare ! Typical !

Only planned spend today is £6 for my sunbed
    It will be worth it come June when I have a week in greece , not only will the sea water help my skin , the sunbeds which alleviate my exczema make a lovely base to get a golden tan.

My car is on the red again but I have enough to get home and will refill in the morning , hopefully I will get a week out of the tank even with a 200 mile round trip on saturday
    Has anyone else noticed that petrol costs appear to have risen again ?
  • efes_shareholder
    Options
    I have just successfully obtained a capital one card on a 6 months balance transfer , it only has a credit limit of £750 and has a ridiculous APR once the period expires however I can move some of the £3600 currently on my bank issued card over and save a little interest
    Potentially I could do this with a couple of cards however I think i will wait for each 0% to expire before moving any balance or i will get myself in a pickle with expiry dates and min payments

Obviously I shall NOT be using the card for anything other then the 0%
  • efes_shareholder
    Options
    So today I have spent £43.70 , I refuelled the car ( seem to do this alot ! ) and also bought engine oil as it was on half price ( ending tomorrow)
    I have never owned a car which drinks as much oil as mine ! In fact I never used to have to check it on previous cars however I check my car at least once a month religiously and the oil will always be near the minimum.
    I have pinched an idea I have seen on other diaries and am transferring any odd pence amounts across to my credit card so that my current account balance is always rounded to the £1.00 , these may not be big contributions to the debt but every little helps !
  • efes_shareholder
    Options
    Today I am not in a great place personally

I have been seeing a guy on and off for two years - some times things are better then others and we have had plenty of drama in this period ( his doing I may add not mine ! )
    I feel like emotionally I am checking out and the only thing that is keeping me in there are our holiday commitments - we have one coming up and i'm struggling to keep my shizz together and not just walk away.
    I feel a bit trapped as the commitments all involve going away with other people , from both sets of our friends and not going will inevitably let people down that I care very much about.

Time and time again he shows he has a lack of respect for how I feel and time and time again I allow him to do so - I tell him things are done and that will follow with apologies , promises to be change and be considerate blah blah blah but a few months later we slip back to where things were

Things are very different on the "single" scene to how they were before I met my ex and people seem to date a few before they pick the "one" , when we first met there was also another women on the scene which he didn't make me aware off , inevitably the truth always comes out and said there would be no contact ! The long and short of it , is he lies !!!

I'm fed up with it and it isn't going to change but I want my holiday !!!!
  • efes_shareholder
    Options
    perhaps i asked the wrong forum :)
  • efes_shareholder
    Options
    so the weekend was as i thought a destruction of my remaining balance
    A top up to the fuel in the car , something to eat when i arrived at the university ( only the savers from the yellow arches ) and my entrance to the show I had travelled to see ....................

It was such a glorious day yesterday that it was only right to have wine in the garden ..................my remaining balance is now £25.83 until the 31st May , so £2.58 a day !

My youngest owes me £23 for her phone contract so i will have to give them a gentle reminder about sorting that out soon

I have nothing in the calender that will cost , however I do have a haircut ( £20) and will need fuel again ( probably around £30) and my sunbeds for my pre hol prep ( £6 for 10 minutes) so although i have been trying to avoid it , potentially I may slide in to the overdraft facililty

I really hoped I could avoid that this month however last month ended £250.00 overdrawn so if i am in by £20.00 thats an improvement right ??

I looked back on my monthly bank balance over the weekend and this time last year , at this precise moment I was £1400 overdrawn !!!
    so yes I guess I have improved my finances more then i thought !
  • efes_shareholder
    Options
    oh its going to be squeaky bum week until pay day ! I've looked back on the month wondering where all my wage has gone however I have had quite a busy month with events ( girls weekend / trip to football / uni visits ) also had a replacement windscreen and tyre needed on the car

On the plus side , my cig spends have now stopped and this expenditure has been reduced this month with the switch to the vape

i don't like where the spends catch up with the bank and the purchases of past days come out , even know you know they are there , they seem bigger once they have been withdrawn then when they are sitting at authorised

June is going to be an expensive month as i have car insurance and a holiday to fund however I have done a quick expeniditure forecast and as its not such a long month I think I may just make it through without acquiring any debt on cards or overdraft , dipping in to savings and i will still be able to make overpayments to my credit card and Very
    the credit card is currently sitting at £3600 with £750.00 due to go over to 0% for 6 months
    If the above is acheived I will put this down to a WIN in my favour

I think next month I am going to operate a cash system for my spends - If I withdraw in cash what I have made available to myself , I am much more likely I think to stick to it

I may also allocate a brown enevelope for Fuel as I need to be more affective with my journeys etc
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback