Outfox the Market reviews: add your feedback

Comments

• shazzablue
    shazzablue Posts: 146 Forumite
    edited 16 November 2018 at 10:48AM
    Hi organza,i checked engery club first...still telling me that oftm was my cheapest!...obviously not updated!...I then checked confused.com,go compare, going through topcashback I checked uswitch,edf came out top for me with £30 cashback for switching.edited to add this has tracked.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Shet03 wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm how much notice they need to give you to change their direct Debit? 10 days isn't much, especially when you are monthly paid. I simply don't have the extra this month, so I've cancelled my DD to prevent bank charges and started a switch to another supplier. Shame it takes so long to switch :(

Ten days is fine. The rules are set by the Banking industry - not the supplier. When you signed up for your contract, you agreed to a variable DD. Whether the variation proposed is fair is a different matter.
  • boliston
    boliston Posts: 3,012 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    ideally they would allow the exact amount used each month to be paid each month
  • ben501
    ben501 Posts: 668 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    bs7 wrote: »
    It would appear no one from MSE monitors these forums properly but I would ask them to seriously consider a warning on the Energy comparison to avoid these clowns and point out that Outfox will change the price and indeed payments on a whim and with little notice.

Good luck on that. There have been reports of inaccurate information for weeks and I don't think anything's been fixed.

MSE is looking more like a cheap tabloid all the time. I get the impression they're more interested in stories that sell than telling the truth.
  • My further concern is their email states October to April. My October payment was made at the normal rate - I am curious if my November direct debit will be the new payment PLUS the difference theoretically owed from October. My main gripe is that my current credit will easily see me through the winter. Online chat crashes - if it appears at all, my email has been ignored and I suspect my tweet will be as well.
    Disgusted is putting it mildly.
  • Scatty
    Scatty Posts: 135 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've just instigated a transfer to another supplier, had enough of OTM. I'd happily pay my credit balance to my new supplier to see me through the winter, once I've received it from OTM. Shambles.
    Woohoohoohooooooooo
  • I'm a current Outfox customer on an AprilZapp tariff. I've received emails advising that to minimise risks to their company, they are increasing monthly direct debits during winter months and reducing them in summer months. I've been given 10 days notice that my monthly direct debit will more than double! In Dec right before Christmas and yet I'm £97 in credit with them.

They do not respond to emails on this matter and they have no phone number to contact them directly on, so very poor customer service. Now looking to switch immediately.
  • Looks like they've finally listened!

IMPORTANT DIRECT DEBIT NOTIFICATION UPDATE
    Following yesterday’s email detailing our revised Direct Debit policy, we have listened to our customers feedback and are introducing additional measures to ensure the changes are fair and accurate for everyone, and to make sure every customer pays for their actual annual energy consumption.
    • If you feel that your new Direct Debit amount does not match your expected usage during the winter, please email mr@outfoxthemarket.co.uk with a photo of an up-to-date meter reading and we will conduct a further review.
    • If there is an excessive credit on your account and you believe our proposed Direct Debit is inaccurate, please email refunds@outfoxthemarket.co.uk with a photo of an up-to-date meter reading and brief explanation. We will then take the time to review your account and respond as quickly as we can.
    We can appreciate that you may have some concerns and whilst demand is currently very high, we are working hard to respond to all our customers individually.
    Thank you for your continued patience.
    Yours sincerely
    OTM Team
  • squibby wrote: »
    Looks like they've finally listened!

IMPORTANT DIRECT DEBIT NOTIFICATION UPDATE
    Following yesterday’s email detailing our revised Direct Debit policy, we have listened to our customers feedback and are introducing additional measures to ensure the changes are fair and accurate for everyone, and to make sure every customer pays for their actual annual energy consumption.
    • If you feel that your new Direct Debit amount does not match your expected usage during the winter, please email mr@outfoxthemarket.co.uk with a photo of an up-to-date meter reading and we will conduct a further review.
    • If there is an excessive credit on your account and you believe our proposed Direct Debit is inaccurate, please email refunds@outfoxthemarket.co.uk with a photo of an up-to-date meter reading and brief explanation. We will then take the time to review your account and respond as quickly as we can.
    We can appreciate that you may have some concerns and whilst demand is currently very high, we are working hard to respond to all our customers individually.
    Thank you for your continued patience.
    Yours sincerely
    OTM Team

How does one photograph of a meter reading help them decide if their estimated usage is wrong? Surely they have previous meter readings to go by? Sounds like a delaying tactic to me.

Plus, useless to me as I am supposed to switch to them on 20 Nov, though strangely they have not asked for any meter readings
  • thought the energy market was supposed to be easy. how is it when your regional gas supplier can block your move as ESP pipelines LTD did when i tried to move to enstroga
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback