Toto Energy reviews: add your feedback

Comments

• SummerFun
    SummerFun Posts: 103 Forumite
    Tony_Musk wrote: »
    Well now several months in and so far I have had one request by email to submit my meter readings. Could hardly believe the system was so archaic as you have to send a reply by email with your meter readings! Then nothing happened for WEEKS and eventually I got a reply to thank me for my readings. Needless to say - this has not affected my direct debit which continues to be taken at exactly the same amount.

Then - nothing for another few months and today I get a text message to my mobile asking for my meter readings and including a link to the website. Oh good I thought - they must have updated their website so I can submit my meter readings like you can with a proper energy provider.
    Unfortunately not.
    When I called I was told that the website 'was updated at the end of June to add this facility but oh dear a couple of days ago it broke'. They took my readings over the 'phone instead.
    Well I am sorry TOTO but this just isn't good enough.
    DO NOT SWITCH TO TOTO - they are a useless bunch of chancers.

Hi Tony Musk :hello:

I don't know you from Adam, but I will certainly take your advice. :)
    (at least whilst Toto are not the cheapest supplier for me - who needs an online account anyway?)
  • LIZROB
    LIZROB Posts: 1 Newbie
    Very disappointed - have been in the process of switching to Toto since April and still isn't completed. They rang to say we had to have new smartmeters a few weeks ago installed and fixed a date in August then today someone different rang to say that we'd qualify for a smartmeter upgrade and could he book an appt - I told him we already had an appt booked for new ones to be put in and he said that although the system had the date noted there wasn't an actual appt time so no one would come on that day and now he needed to rebook us for Sept. Asked him to email me confirmation that they wouldn't be coming on the Aug date and that they would come on the new Sept date as they'd already threatened that if we weren't in when they did come they would fine us and he said they don't send written confirmations out. I really don't want to continue with this company but when I look for price comparisons on this site now it says I can't switch until the current switch has been completed - but I've been waiting for 3 months and my old energy supplier is still unable to give me a final elec bill as the changeover reading can't be agreed with Toto (who never asked me for a reading or told me when the switch was due to take place) and the final gas reading has already changed twice. Fed up, definitely wouldn't recommend them
  • I signed up to Toto last week, and have cancelled already today, after really bad customer service experience :
    - on hold on phone for 30 minutes plus, still no answer
    - several call back requests unanswered
    - sent 2 emails, no answer
    - automated telephone system is confused, takes you through to the wrong dept, then they were very unhelpful, bordering on rude, and couldn't put me through to the right dept.
    - really struggled to find out even how to cancel my contract, no way of doing this on the website.

This has eaten up a big chunk of my time, with no result except finding myself back at square one!
    :(
  • Just tried a new comparison for electricity only with Toto’s Smart Meter Saver coming back as the cheapest option.
    This isn’t available via their website, only over the phone. However it turns out that this is only available as a dual fuel tariff so can MSE please change their records?

Thx
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Just tried a new comparison for electricity only with Toto’s Smart Meter Saver coming back as the cheapest option.
    This isn’t available via their website, only over the phone. However it turns out that this is only available as a dual fuel tariff so can MSE please change their records?

Thx

My understanding is that it is available as either dual fuel or electric only if you don't have gas.

But you are correct that you need to call them to obtain this tariff as they will need to arrange with you installation of their smart meters before you can get this tariff.
  • Toto, don't they supply Africa & Rosanna?
  • I cannot get through to TOTO by phone - just put on hold. TOTO have not called back, as offered. TOTO have not replied to emails. I have now emailed to cancel switch (within 14 days, cooling off period). I wonder will they respond? As I now want to switch to someone with GOOD customer service and that's not TOTO. Very disappointed.
  • MSE Cheaper energy club website is wrong - I have just switched to them, the website is showing their smart meter tarrif as fixed for 12 months at the top, but then variable in the text below. I didn't spot this so now have all the hassle of cancelling and searching again. MSE please update your website!
    :j Comping on & off since 31/08/12 :beer:
    I comp for fun... and to kill the boredom!
  • I recently received a notification from Cheap Energy Club stating Toto's Smart Meter Saver tariff was 1.3p per kw/h cheaper than my current tariff. For some reason you can't apply for this tariff online but have to phone them up. After speaking to the operator, they told me I'm not eligible for this tariff but tried to sell me another one, telling me they could lower my bills in the process. It seems the last thing they want to tell you is how much this tariff is per kw/h. After telling me they could lower my bills I eventually got the call taker to tell me the kw/h price which was 2p dearer than my current one. How does this lower my cost? It seems like the advertised tariff is just a sales ploy to get you to phone up, then they try to sell you another tariff that isn't cheaper at all.
  • Hi Footyguy, Toto told me over the phone that the Smart Meter Tariff is only available for dual fuel contracts and not electricity only. When I queried why MSE showed it as being available for electricity only they explained that this was out of their control and was up to MSETowers to correct

I have seen comments above re sales staff there, I would add that the phone was answered quickly, staff were helpful and did not try to sell any other products and apologized for what they say is an MSE data error.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure