Budget Energy

Comments

• saverbuyer
    saverbuyer Posts: 2,556 Forumite
    Did they mention which clause in your contract they are invoking to raise the price mid introduction period anyone?

I know wholesale prices have jumped recently but wouldn't have thought that would be a reason to increase what appears to be a fix.
  • Oh they have a clause all right and probably very legal and binding all above board, variation of contract or something they call it, and they say its in their terms and conditions.

Didn't bother to check it, just left.
  • Call me naive but I genuinely thought as consumers we'd have more rights than this. I am amazed you can be enticed to sign up for a twelve month fixed tariff and (in my case) find that after 3 weeks the rate is going up to the most expensive in N.I and without them even making you aware! Shocking behavior :(
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Not worth taking the day off work for the engineer...
    No engineer needs to visit if you want to switch energy supplier.

If budget did promise a 12 month fix, and IF they've had to break that, then it IS breach of contract on their part - and that's why OP got the letter allowing them to leave early without termination charges - they've put their hands up.
    I am amazed you can be enticed to sign up for a twelve month fixed tariff and (in my case) find that after 3 weeks the rate is going up

If you don't get a letter, you're not going up. You HAVE fixed at the lower rate, anyone NEW can no longer access that rate.
  • saverbuyer
    saverbuyer Posts: 2,556 Forumite
    almillar wrote: »

If budget did promise a 12 month fix, and IF they've had to break that, then it IS breach of contract on their part - and that's why OP got the letter allowing them to leave early without termination charges - they've put their hands up.

If you don't get a letter, you're not going up. You HAVE fixed at the lower rate, anyone NEW can no longer access that rate.

I think everyone on the fix is getting the letter.
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite

You can leave anyway at anytime

Ive switched to click already
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    guiriman wrote: »
    What contract did they break exactly? The deal they were offering was to go onto a tariff for a 12 month period, they don't guarantee what the price of that tariff will be.

The email I received said to advise them at least five working days before 30th December, not that five days notice had to be given.

The tariff has been removed
  • SMW87
    SMW87 Posts: 94 Forumite

They requested I have an engineer out, prob due to having pay as you go before.
  • I got the letter today: furious.
  • justaquestion
    justaquestion Posts: 737 Forumite
    edited 14 December 2016 at 5:57PM
    I got the letter today: furious.

A google search for Budget Engery brings them up as
    "Northern Ireland's Low Cost Electricity Provider" above their website link.
    In your case for three weeks!!

:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family