Cheap Parcel Delivery - official discussion

Comments

• Caryne
    Caryne Posts: 687
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Kayster wrote: »
    You can send a tube up to 90cm long - (yours is 59cm) and length plus twice diameter less then 104cm - (yours is 70cm) so i think you are OK as a small packet.

This is what the Royal Mail site says

"Rolled and cylinder shaped parcels

For rolled and cylinder shaped items, the length of the item plus twice the diameter must not exceed 104cm, with the greatest dimension being no more than 90cm. Rolled and cylinder shaped parcels that measure up to 45cm in length and 8cm in diameter and do not exceed 2kg can be sent as small parcels."

This is a little confusing as, to me, this seems to say the parcel cannot be more than 45cm in length,
  • Kayster
    Kayster Posts: 390
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Caryne wrote: »

For rolled and cylinder shaped items, the length of the item plus twice the diameter must not exceed 104cm, with the greatest dimension being no more than 90cm. Rolled and cylinder shaped parcels that measure up to 45cm in length and 8cm in diameter and do not exceed 2kg can be sent as small parcels."

This is a little confusing as, to me, this seems to say the parcel cannot be more than 45cm in length,

I do not read that as 45cm is max length.
    If you are worried over pack it into a rectangular box as you are also below the size limits for that shape as well. 60cm is max size there with total l b h under 90cm.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Caryne wrote: »

I do not read that as 45cm is max length.
    If you are worried over pack it into a rectangular box as you are also below the size limits for that shape as well. 60cm is max size there with total l b h under 90cm.
    Roll and cylinder-shaped parcels larger than these sizes can be posted as Medium Parcels up to 90cm in length and up to 104cm (length plus twice the diameter).

Medium
    Roll and cylinder-shaped parcels that measure up to Length 45cm and Diameter 8cm.

Small
  • Kayster
    Kayster Posts: 390
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    custardy wrote: »
    Medium

Small

What does all that have to do with International parcels?
  • custardy
    Forumite
    What does all that have to do with International parcels?

Doh,missed it amongst all the sizes
  • Hi

Can anyone shed any light on Prompt Parcels please, currently i use Royal mail, Hermes and who ever is the cheapest, prompt parcels are offering me a rate but I need to know what their angle is, in my head many alarm bells are ringing as its hard to find out anything about them

TA
  • abijanzo
    abijanzo Posts: 857 Forumite
    Hello, I have a musical instrument to the value of £2,000 I need to send via courier. Parcel Force want £95 for this level of cover!
    I'm sure there must be cheaper elsewhere but I have drawn a blank so far. Any help gratefully appreciated.
  • custardy
    Forumite
    abijanzo wrote: »
    Hello, I have a musical instrument to the value of £2,000 I need to send via courier. Parcel Force want £95 for this level of cover!
    I'm sure there must be cheaper elsewhere but I have drawn a blank so far. Any help gratefully appreciated.
    Items we exclude from compensation
    musical instruments - no enhanced compensation is available

You need to take more time, to read up on what you are looking for.
  • I have been suing Yodel Direct recently to send my Ebay items. And I must say they haven't let me down yet! Also I have a 10% discount code that has been working every time for me.

147412YD14

Help yourself guys/gals
  • INSPIRED
    INSPIRED Posts: 196
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi - I have a 2k+ package of curtains (Ebay) that I want to send by courier. Can anyone confirm that the prices on MyHermes are the same throughout the UK mainland? I have tried 3 different postcodes that I know, from one end of the country to the other, and the price is always the same.

How do other ebay sellers know what courier cost to put on the listing if they do not know where the parcel will go?

Many thanks.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure