Cheap Parcel Delivery - official discussion

Comments

• Lakes
    Lakes Posts: 6 Forumite
    Are Parcelmonkey (or other parcel broker) any better at contacting when dealing with a problem? Parcel2Go were a waste of (several weeks) time, I ended up doing my own detective work with a wrongly delivered (wrong Citylink label) parcel. Praise for Citylink for sorting this out within the day.
  • fishybusiness
    fishybusiness Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    How safe/reliable is it to use ParcelMonkey?

Always had good service from them. Had one parcel not picked up on scheduled day, they sorted it very quickly. I found they respond to email queries in good time.

I´ve used them on and off for 3 years or so :)
  • Thanks for the advice!
  • what gets me is everyone needs to understand, is that using a third party to ship via fedex, ups, dhl etc.

Does not in most cases entitle you to the exact same t&c of the courier company.

These companies offer their services to the 3rd party s without any liability most of the time as its the 3rd party company dealing with the transaction.

more often than not it may be possible to ring the courier direct to ask if they can match the price, believe me its worth it as dealing direct is better than through a middle man.

Its a bit like getting a better deal for home insurance using the supplier via a broker rather than direct, you always find the small print better direct.

you get it cheaper for a good reason
  • Lakes
    Lakes Posts: 6 Forumite
    Contacting the courier direct for a price match is a really good idea! I`ll try that next time I have a parcel to send . Thanks.
  • Hi!

I have used the courier Yodel recently to send a few ebay things and a friend gave me a 10% discount code for the next 6 months.

If uses Yodel regularly and wants to save some money it's 176227YD14

:)
  • ChumpusRex
    ChumpusRex Posts: 352 Forumite
    What are people's experiences of pre-printing shipping labels for international destinations?

I've been using parcel monkey to arrange European shipments, but their systems just don't seem to be able to cope with non UK addresses.

Although the details were entered correctly on the web page and showed correctly on the confirmation screen, the labels have been gibberish, with bits missing or rearranged so as to give totally the wrong address.

I've tried 3 times, and every single time, I've had to phone their technical support to get the labels corrected.
  • Caryne
    Caryne Posts: 687
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 27 March 2014 at 2:14PM
    I need to send a poster, in a cardboard tube, to Germany. It's width is 5.5cm and the length is 59cm, the weight is 250g, so it seems too big to go as a 'small packet' with the Royal Mail. Can anyone suggest the best/cheapest place to use please? It does not have to be a quick service.
  • Kayster
    Kayster Posts: 390
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Caryne wrote: »
    I need to send a poster, in a cardboard tube, to Germany. It's width is 5.5cm and the length is 59cm, the weight is 250g, so it seems too big to go as a 'small packet' with the Royal Mail. Can anyone suggest the best/cheapest place to use please? It does not have to be a quick service.

You can send a tube up to 90cm long - (yours is 59cm) and length plus twice diameter less then 104cm - (yours is 70cm) so i think you are OK as a small packet.
  • Kayster
    Kayster Posts: 390
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    ChumpusRex wrote: »
    What are people's experiences of pre-printing shipping labels for international destinations?

I've been using parcel monkey to arrange European shipments, but their systems just don't seem to be able to cope with non UK addresses.

Although the details were entered correctly on the web page and showed correctly on the confirmation screen, the labels have been gibberish, with bits missing or rearranged so as to give totally the wrong address.

I've tried 3 times, and every single time, I've had to phone their technical support to get the labels corrected.

I send a lot international - have never had a problem with Parcel Monkey or any of the others with format of label. A solution could be put a big address label on as well as the bar code label.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback