Cheap Parcel Delivery - official discussion

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    of course you are,just like they dont have to offer you an account.
  • You're right Custardy but maybe you're missing my point. Interparcel avoid accountability when they fail to deliver on their service.
  • NoNoDrama
    NoNoDrama Posts: 237 Forumite
    edited 14 March 2014 at 9:26PM
    As a buyer I will only ever purchase from sellers who use Royal Mail. I strayed from that once recently with a seller who used MyHerpes.. and yes it looks like they've lost the parcel. Never again will I stray from Royal Mail.

All you sellers looking for cheap couriers are just going to end up with constant headaches. Any money saved will be offset by 'Royal Mail Only' buyers like me.

Royal Mail have years of experience. Their postman know all the codes for gated communities/apartment blocks. All buyers will know where their sorting office is. They know where to leave and not to leave parcels.

Save yourself and your customers some grief and stick with RM.
  • Dear Users,

How safe/reliable is it to use ParcelMonkey?
    I'm selling an item on ebay and an international buyer has requested a postage cost to Greece, ParcelMonkey have been the cheapest with the service being provided by ParcelForce Worldwide at £20.27 (inc. Vat) which is between £5-£7 cheaper than some of the other sites (including ParcelForce directly)

P4D Have been the next cheapest, are they any good?
  • tippertip
    tippertip Posts: 52 Forumite
    I would recommend the P4D, they offer a FedEx service which is spot on.
  • Brumlad87 wrote: »
    Dear Users,

I'm selling an item on ebay and an international buyer has requested a postage cost to Greece, ParcelMonkey have been the cheapest with the service being provided by ParcelForce Worldwide at £20.27 (inc. Vat) which is between £5-£7 cheaper than some of the other sites (including ParcelForce directly)

ParcelMonkey have never caused me any problems, and I used to send and receive quite a lot through them.
  • Kayster
    Kayster Posts: 390
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Brumlad87 wrote: »
    Dear Users,

I have found Parcelmonkey alright - I would not pay more to use P4D.
  • I'm in the UK and need to import a parcel from Quebec, Canada. The online quotes I've found are nearly £200 which was an unwelcome surprise...

Can anyone suggest where I might get a better deal?

The parcel is 16Kg and 70 x 50 x 40 cm.

Thanks!
  • That's a bargain, UPS want £400 to send it from Canada to here.
  • Anyvan are coming up with good quotes, best so far £115. Still looking.

David
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure