£150 switch incentive from NatWest (2019)

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    peatc wrote: »
    With other banks I've had switching bonuses from it has come through instantly as soon as the requirements are met.
    I've done every switching incentive in recent years (some more than once!) and I've never had an incentive paid "as soon as", for example, the switch has completed and a specified minimum credit has been made.

I understand Halifax pay out before even the switch completes, but which "other banks" have paid you as quickly as you say you've been paid please?...and how long ago?
  • I've done every switching incentive in recent years (some more than once!) and I've never had an incentive paid "as soon as", for example, the switch has completed and a specified minimum credit has been made.

I understand Halifax pay out before even the switch completes, but which "other banks" have paid you as quickly as you say you've been paid please?...and how long ago?

The two I've done recently have been Halifax and First Direct. Halifax for sure was automatic (June 2018). For First Direct, I got a joining bonus back in December 2017 which I'm fairly sure was automatic, then I had to contact support to credit my leaving bonus and they did so straight away. Could be wrong about that one though as it was a pretty long time ago and I appreciate this isn't a huge sample to base my assumptions on! :)
  • I've switched my joint account to Natwest to take advantage of the £150 offer (Thanks MSE for the tip!). Switch appears to have gone through and I can log on, use the card etc. The Standing Orders have appeared on the new account but so far the only Direct Debit is for my broadband that came due and was paid a couple of days ago. Will the other DD's appear when they're asked for at the beginning of March and is this how it normally works using the switching service?
    Clova
    Ps. Might have to take a look at some of the other switching offers as it looks like it might be lucrative hobby. Are there any guides or tip sheets? Used to do some stoozing back in the day which netted me a some useful cash :D
  • Hi Clova,

I cannot recall whether all the DDs were switched together or whether it was a gradual process. Either way, you are protected by the Switch Guarantee. This means you will be refunded any missed or fees incurred as a result of the switch.

Having said that, I would probably phone the switching team at NatWest to confirm what is happening to the other DDs.

Edit: The only tip I can give for switching is to always have a donor account ready for a switch. (The account you are switching from does not need to be your main account).
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • I was trying to avoid Natwest's call centre. They're lovely but don't seem to actually know what their systems are doing and it's half an hour of my life which will be wasted on hold!
    It's the biggies (mortgage, council tax, insurances etc) that go out at the beginning of the month and I was hoping to see them all set up ready to go. Guess I'll just have to see what happens on the 1st....
  • Clova138
    Clova138 Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Just for anyone else who has the same query, the DD's due today have all appeared and been paid. I'm guessing the others will as they come in the next few days.
  • wizzywig27
    wizzywig27 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Just FYI, NatWest direct debits, although active, will not show until they have been claimed for the first time, Once claimed they will show all the time.
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,639 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    wizzywig27 wrote: »
    Just FYI, NatWest direct debits, although active, will not show until they have been claimed for the first time, Once claimed they will show all the time.
    One of the many emails they sent me during the switch process stated this quite clearly:

"Please note - Direct Debits will only be visible on Online Banking once the first payments are made"

From the email entitled "Your regular payments have all been transferred"
  • Clova138
    Clova138 Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Well as they sent me 21 emails I missed that bit in all the noise. Actually it was 42 emails as it's a joint account and I have access to both mailboxes!
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Clova138 wrote: »
    I've switched my joint account to Natwest to take advantage of the £150 offer (Thanks MSE for the tip!).

Ps. Might have to take a look at some of the other switching offers as it looks like it might be lucrative hobby. Are there any guides or tip sheets?D
    The best tip I could give you would be never switch a joint account, as doing so often (always?) halves your return from that bank!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure