What do you wear on your feet in cold, wet weather?

Comments

• ^ you've been waiting years to say that :D
  • Well looked after leather hill boots, with wool socks & a dry pair of socks & trainers for when I get out of the cold wet weather.

I prefer full leather to goretex as it's easier for me to maintain (scrub the lot and rub in the Grangers G Wax with my fingers so the warmth drives it in).

Wool socks are just more comfortable over time although slightly more ticklish to wash.
  • Useful info as always, DFV, thank you
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,903
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I saw photos of trench foot & decided against.

Declining Goretex for the boot is just fussiness on my part - it makes the whole boot trickier to clean & I'm idle!
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    It depends where you're going I guess....

I wear wellies.... "got told off" when I wore them just before Xmas at a pub/Xmas drink get-together (with total strangers to me)..... apparently, if it's something like that, I was supposed to wear something different :) Oh well, at least my feet were warm/dry.
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,903
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I wear wellies.... "got told off" when I wore them just before Xmas at a pub/Xmas drink get-together

That sounds like unlovely jealousy from over here.
  • I have these...

https://www.office.co.uk/view/product/office_catalog/2,10/3277300000

Uggs chealsea style boot in chestnut... Got them in the Black Friday sale and have been on my feet ever since, ok I take them off indoors!

So so comfy warm and I sprayed them with some sealant water proof stuff my friend had and they kept my feet dry too.

Will defiantly buy again when mine die which I hope will be in a few winters time!
    Aspiring to be financially independent.... from my parents!
  • LifeOf
    LifeOf Posts: 9 Forumite
    Dr Martens, polished to help with keeping the water out. Look smart, goes with most clothes, good sole, comfortable and perfect with my winter socks
  • I wear a pair of HiTec waterproof leather hiking boots or Goretex boots both warm and light on your feet.
  • This time of the year I walk the dogs through very muddy woods every day in Aigle wellies - I have suffered enough from rubbish wellies in the past. They are expensive but I spent a long time looking for a bargain pair on ebay. I bought them slightly too big and wear thick woollen socks which used to be known as "seaboot socks". Don't seem to be available anymore round here... they are brilliant because they are *very* long (80cm) and are rolled over a couple of times to form a cuff at the top of the wellie.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure