PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Options

Comments

• chupachups4
    Options
    Hello all,

374-376: 3 items sold, 80 euros in the travel pot
    377: 50 hangers, bin as CS doesn't want them
    1st goal: 0/936 euros
    2nd goal: 0/15160 euros
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've had a few days away from the decluttering but some nice person has put a cs bag through the door :D. So as I've still got the suitcase full of clothes ready to go to the cs, I decided to empty it's contents into the bag. The full bag is now ready to go on Friday and the old battered suitcase has been cut up and binned :j. Having the bag has also helped me, as the journey to the cs was proving difficult to organise.
    I've also binned a plastic box and another pair of Sunday socks, although I had to prise those off DH's feet :rotfl:.

( they were merino wool and he wore them when he works in his shed, but he already had new replacements waiting in a drawer :mad: )
    Dh has finally gone through the photos I wanted to dispose of and they are now waiting to be burnt. Hopefully tonight !!
    I still have a lot of cupboards and drawers to go through :eek:. But at least things don't seem quite so daunting now I've started to declutter.

Keep on decluttering and thanks to everyone for the encouragement, especially MrsSD :A
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Oh MrsSD, blushing, or maybe thats the rosela am going to see doc about. Went for blood test today ready for half year diabetic checkup so on the way took 4 books to CS (only just started on books) then collected 3 bags of l/o wool. Want to have a go at early Xmas things) BUT was a good girl yesterday and filled 2 bags of shredded paper and re-organised filing cabinet too. Out for lunch tomorrow so none being done then so maybe more books sorted on Thurs. The CS here are not near parking places unless early in day before barriers come down so seldom go there but did ask about the SM, as it starts and then cuts out but they said its a no so I will have to go to the tip or put in bin.
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Yesterday I had a mammoth cooking session: tomato soup (from homegrown tomatoes); lamb soup from the rib bones of lamb: steak and kidney stew which was turned into two pies and two puddings (for hubby); beef bourginon for me; a loaf of bread; a batch of homemade tomato ketchup; two fruit cakes. I decluttered most items from the freezer (hubby then bought 7 x 2pints of milk for 20p each and filled and space that I had created).
    Whilst I was making the pastry, the food processor died, so this has now been decluttered from my cupboard. It was a secondhand processor from my mother. Also gone is a Pyrex bowl, hubby broke it whilst washing up.
    Pair of holey socks
    Today I have cleaned and decluttered my car. A broken ice scrapper and a crisp packet was removed. Along with the accessories from my old Tom Tom. I also brought some cds back indoors and placed into the cd tower.

I am getting through my jobs for the week.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • sweetpea26
    Options
    Been a busy few weeks in our place and with work, sickness and visitors all rolled into one...I haven't had a chance to update. Not a lot more has been done about 4 more bags have gone ... heading away for a break and be back start march...then the fun begins again. All the best to everyone and keep chucking :)
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 February 2019 at 6:17PM
    Options
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    40-46. 7 bags of wallpaper to the tip
    47-49. Pair of shoes and ornaments to charity
    50-52. Two pairs of curtains and nets to tip

53-57. Five old strawberry punnets into recycling from garage
    58. Foil tray into recycling
    59-100. Old pieces of wood onto fire from garage
    101-105. Old plastics tubs into recycling
  • somerandom
    Options
    somerandom wrote: »
    201 & 202 - 2 x sets of blinds - replaced. (1 - broken bin & other to be left outside house

203 - 207 - 5 x bags - CS
    208 - broken frame - bin

Really fascinating hearing everyone's thoughts around the roots of attachment to stuff / hoarding etc. I heard this quote from a TED Talk I listened to a while back " "Stuff gives us the illusion of permanence". it made a lot of sense to me - I don't think it's the only reason but its certainly a factor in some cases.
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • retiredinfrance
    Options
    Mrs SD You are a lovely person; thanks so much for your good wishes and good will that you spread to all us declutterers. I love your post with all the emojies sparkling and twinkling at us.
    Today I used up the last of the paper serviettes/napkins that I bring home , stuff in a drawer to use for wiping up round the sink. Clean ones, of course that I take good care of during the meal. I feel good ,having saved a tiny fraction of a cent. The same drawer is now looking good .
    to add
    1pile of serviettes
    2 pile if plastic corks to bin
    3 pile of cork corks to recycling.
    Will add to total for next visit.
    Met friends today at CS cafeand we congratulated ourselves on books being bought-which will find their way back sometime
    Yes, why we hoard is fascinating. We have a squirrel in our garden- a red one and it hoards nuts all day long. Maybe it is a throwback to times of plenty/ times of famine?.
  • retiredinfrance
    Options
    Me again . total is now 18. And I am keeping my target of 365 for 2019

And 19 an English newspaper that I was given - just can't be bothered reading old news too depressing so straight to recycling and not into the garage for our next bit of redecorating. So, you see, I am learning!
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mrs Salad Dodger please do not be :o about rising in the afternoon: few people are making homemade soup or cheerleading on MSE in the small hours as you do. :A

Yesterday I pottered about deep cleaning. Today I had errands to run.

Decluttering: One parcel to the Post Office. One dustbin bagful of carrier bags and one bagful of textiles to the supermarket recycling point. Two small electrical items to the charity shop.

Recluttering: Two online orders - FOUR boxes - arrived whilst I was still planning my errands, but there was NO space in my 'hall of shame'! :o So three of the boxes have been thrown into my old 'room of doom' ... :eek:
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport