Caught out by Ryanair?

bert4545
bert4545 Posts: 2 Newbie
edited 14 February 2019 at 9:01PM in Flights, currency & car hire
I have flown with Ryanair many times with no problems, but I was caught out by their new baggage policy. When it came to choosing the type of ticket I wanted I saw three options: the first was the basic ticket which allows only one small bag; the second was over twice the price but allowed priority seating and two bags, one small, one large; the third was a bit dearer than the second and was described as 'flexible' (I think). I'd read about Ryanair's new policy and knew that I'd have to pay extra and that priority seating was more or less compulsory, even though I didn't need it, but I did need to take a bigger bag, so I chose the second option. Then I saw that priority seating and two bags should only cost €6 to €10 extra. When I asked why I'd paid nearly €40 extra, I was told I should have chosen the first option, then added priority and two bags to that. I saw nothing that told me I could add anything to the basic ticket. My ticket gives me a 20 kg check-in baggage allowance, but I don't need that. The only bright side I can look on is that I've only booked the homeward flight and I can get the right ticket for the outward flight.

Comments

• jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    bert4545 wrote: »
    I saw nothing that told me I could add anything to the basic ticket.

That's because it was included in the ticket you chose. If you had chosen the standard fare you would have been given options to add priority boarding etc on the next page.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure