Cheap Parcel Delivery - official discussion

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 71,978
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Drakelet wrote: »
    I've already checked this and chased them about it. Initially they lied to me and said I couldn't send it and requested I recollect my package. I queried, mentioning the prohibited items list, and they eventually said it's because it will probably have a customs fee. It would have been nice if they'd told me about that before sending the package (or not lying in the first place). I hope no customs fee, based on what I read on the Aus website, but who knows - if the customs fee is applied, it looks like it will be more than it cost me to send it in the first place!

Australia ?Many years ago there was an issue with sending used clothing to Australia, it was prohibited or something - can't remember all the details. It might be worth searching to see if this is something to do with that- so it isn't the parcel courier that is saying it isn't allowed it is a case of once the contents were declared they realised they couldn't be imported to the destination.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    old thread but it seems personal clothing can be tricky with customs

https://www.pomsinoz.com/topic/57679-customs-declaration-when-sending-clothes/
  • Hello there, wondering if someone can help me? So I sent 2 suitcases with Parcel2go (after reading reviews wish I didn’t) and one has arrived at the chosen place. But the other isn’t there. These got picked up last Wednesday and the first arrived on Friday but the other suitcase hasn’t been tracked since Thursday and I was told by Parcel2go that it was in a hub somewhere and now I’ve had to open a case where they are trying to find it. I mean it’s a massive suitcase surely it can’t get lost?! I was told by someone maybe the label on the front has fallen off if this is the case what would be the next step does anyone know? Really worried right now. And does anyone know about when you open a claim how long and step by step what the process is? Sorry for all the questions hope someone can help
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Parcel2Go are just a broker, which actual carrier / courier did you choose?

Also were they sent as a single shipment of 2 parcels (cases), or two separate bookings?
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • Hermes, and they are under the same
    Tracking so i guess they are classed as one. Hermes have just got back to me and said it’s waiting in a hub and they will let me know once it’s sent? Seems odd to be sat in a hub for like 4 days no?
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 71,978
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Dizzy101 wrote: »
    Hermes, and they are under the same
    Tracking so i guess they are classed as one. Hermes have just got back to me and said it’s waiting in a hub and they will let me know once it’s sent? Seems odd to be sat in a hub for like 4 days no?

Can you clarify what you mean by 'they have the same tracking' ?. If these were sent as 2 items the tracking numbers should be different, you cannot have 2 separate parcels with the same tracking number.I assume it's a typing error as you do say earlier that one has arrived an done hasn't (according to tracking), which implies 2 different tracking numbers.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Yes sorry they are under 2 different tracking orders, and the one that is still missing hermes emailed me today to say it’s sat at the depot? But they wouldn’t tell my why this happened. They are awful to get anything out of. Does anyone know why things may be end up at the depot? It was last tracked now on the 11th I’ve found out
  • I sent a very valuable watch with Hermes via Parcel2Go. It never arrived and tracking just says "in transit". It was a family heirloom . I did not insure it (which is my fault) and so will only get £20 compensation. I believe it was stolen by courier staff and I see other posts suggesting similar stories. It seems that there is no deterrent to staff helping themselves to small valuable items as there is no investigation. It cannot be reported as a crime as there is no evidence to support this. The 'enquiry' apparently involves asking the depot whether they have the parcel. If they say no it is the end of the story and it is regarded as a compensation claim.
    Has anyone else experienced similar problems?
  • YES! This is the problem I’ve got right now mine is “in transit” and has been since Monday! What does that even mean? Been told different things by so many people. Awful services. So I feel your pain
  • So I’ve found out where my parcel is with hermes, it’s in a depot not far from me. Does anyone know if it’s possible to collect from any of there depots? As it’s been sat there a week so it’s clearly not planning to be moved on
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback