Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • winterblues2019
    • By winterblues2019 12th Feb 19, 5:00 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 2Thanks
    winterblues2019
    Civil Enforcement Ltd letter
    • 12th Feb 19, 5:00 PM
    Civil Enforcement Ltd letter 12th Feb 19 at 5:00 PM
    Hello all,

Someone parked outside some flats where they had parked before and didn't see any signs (they were new signs that weren't there before).

Letter arrived a week later but occupants of the house were on holiday for 3 weeks. They didn't appeal at any stage. Multiple letters have been sent to the house.

The latest one is asking to visit a website called countycourtdebtclaims

I can't post links as I am new (I will further down the thread!).

Any advice please?

Thank you all!
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Feb 19, 5:07 PM
    • 21,975 Posts
    • 34,634 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 12th Feb 19, 5:07 PM
    • 12th Feb 19, 5:07 PM
    How many parking charges are you dealing with?

Date(s) of parking 'contravention(s)'?

Date(s) shown on letter(s) informing you of the charge(s)?

Have you read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 where you can learn about the game you are now embroiled in, and how to deal with it.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 12th Feb 19, 5:08 PM
    • 12,857 Posts
    • 13,842 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 12th Feb 19, 5:08 PM
    • 12th Feb 19, 5:08 PM
    That website you mention, we don't need the link thanks, is Civil Enforcement's payment portal.

Some dates would be useful.

Date of the alleged parking incident.
    Date of the Notice to Keeper.

As it appears that you have missed all appeal opportunities, all you can do now is wait for either a Letter of Claim or Official court correspondence.

Meanwhile, ignore all debt collectors letters.

While waiting you would be wise to read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread to better understand the game you are now playing.
    • winterblues2019
    • By winterblues2019 12th Feb 19, 5:14 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    winterblues2019
    • 12th Feb 19, 5:14 PM
    • 12th Feb 19, 5:14 PM
    [IMG]http ://i65.tinypic.com/2ptosyc.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http ://i66.tinypic.com/zjwd28.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http ://i65.tinypic.com/2lnhi7n.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you all, here are the links, but with an extra space as I am a newbie
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Feb 19, 5:20 PM
    • 21,975 Posts
    • 34,634 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 12th Feb 19, 5:20 PM
    • 12th Feb 19, 5:20 PM
    http://i65.tinypic.com/2ptosyc.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/zjwd28.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/2lnhi7n.jpg

Too late to appeal. I would treat the final letter as a LBC and get on with dealing with it as per the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2 (different part of the sticky from the one mentioned in my earlier post - read both).
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 12-02-2019 at 5:24 PM.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 12th Feb 19, 5:22 PM
    • 12,857 Posts
    • 13,842 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 12th Feb 19, 5:22 PM
    • 12th Feb 19, 5:22 PM
    That 7th February letter from CEL is a Letter of Claim.

You should react to that as described in post #2 of the NEWBIES thread.
    • winterblues2019
    • By winterblues2019 12th Feb 19, 5:39 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    winterblues2019
    • 12th Feb 19, 5:39 PM
    • 12th Feb 19, 5:39 PM
    Thank you all!
    • winterblues2019
    • By winterblues2019 13th Feb 19, 12:12 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    winterblues2019
    • 13th Feb 19, 12:12 PM
    • 13th Feb 19, 12:12 PM
    Hi all,

I'm going to write to get the SAR

Does this wording look alright please?

FAO: Data Protection Officer
    Civil Enforcement Ltd
    Horton House
    Exchange flags
    Liverpool
    L2 3PF

Re: Subject Access Request

Dear sir / madam,

Further to your letter regarding PCN xxxxx please provide the following to me:
    All photos taken
    All letters/emails sent and received
    All data held, all evidence you will rely on, and a full copy of the PCN, NTK

I draw your attention to the one month deadline that applies when dealing with requests to provide personal information.

I also wish to draw your attention to the fact that I have the right to make a subject access request for free under the Data Protection Act 2018.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 13th Feb 19, 12:17 PM
    • 12,052 Posts
    • 12,131 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 13th Feb 19, 12:17 PM
    • 13th Feb 19, 12:17 PM
    The whole industry is a scam, relying on threats of court, and the public's ignorance of the Law, A bill is currently before parliament which will regulate the scammers, many of whom are ex-clampers.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of alleged contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors. Is has been suggested by an MP that some of these companies may have connections to organised crime.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, (especially Smart}, and others have already been named and shamed in the House of Commons as have Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each week), hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned. They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

The problem has become so widespread that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers.

Sir Greg Knight's Private Members Bill to curb the excesses, and perhaps close down, some of these companies passed its Second Reading in the Lords this month, and, with a fair wind, will l become Law later this year..

All five readings are available to watch on the internet, (some 7-8 hours), and published in Hansard. MPs have an extremely low opinion of the industry. Many are complaining that they are becoming overwhelmed by complaints from members of the public. Add to their burden, complain in the most robust terms about the scammers.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Feb 19, 12:19 PM
    • 21,975 Posts
    • 34,634 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    No, because you haven't personalised them to you.

For example - 'All photos taken'. That is open to any interpretation you can imagine, do you mean every photo they have ever taken, including those relating to any and every PCN ever issued anywhere in the country - I obviously overwork my example, but just to emphasise that your question in its current form will not get you the response you need. You have to tie everything down to you and your vehicle only, leave nothing open to be misinterpreted or dodged.

Have you seen this template from Legal Beagles?

https://legalbeagles.info/library/guides_and_letters/court/subject-access-request/
    • winterblues2019
    • By winterblues2019 13th Feb 19, 12:37 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    winterblues2019
    "No, because you haven't personalised them to you.

For example - 'All photos taken'. That is open to any interpretation you can imagine, do you mean every photo they have ever taken, including those relating to any and every PCN ever issued anywhere in the country - I obviously overwork my example, but just to emphasise that your question in its current form will not get you the response you need. "

Thank you for your response Umkomaas, in my letter above I have put the PCN number in question and asked them for information relating to that PCN.

I will look at the template.

Thank you
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,703Posts Today

8,905Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Right back to self imposed twitter exile until Thur - trying to be off work (not v successfully)

• Too painful to talk about. That result really was offsensive. For rancid cheese & onion to beat powerful salt & v? https://t.co/FJchchPk0o

• If you think this hypothetical's bad, here's some of my past polls - Which past PM would u resurrect to aid politi? https://t.co/N61QGBOJ6b

• Follow Martin