Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Murphybear
    • By Murphybear 11th Feb 19, 7:00 PM
    • 4,381Posts
    • 8,481Thanks
    Murphybear
    0 WOW
    Haynes Motor Museum
    • 11th Feb 19, 7:00 PM
    0 WOW
    Haynes Motor Museum 11th Feb 19 at 7:00 PM
    Hi

Has anyone been to the Haynes Motor Museum? I am composing our list of things to do this year and this is on the list as it is not a million miles from us

Sadly, the founder has just died aged 80
Page 1
    • force ten
    • By force ten 11th Feb 19, 8:05 PM
    • 1,759 Posts
    • 1,177 Thanks
    force ten
    • 11th Feb 19, 8:05 PM
    • 11th Feb 19, 8:05 PM
    yes i have been and really enjoyed my day there, i would visit again if i was in the sparkford area
    • kingfisherblue
    • By kingfisherblue 12th Feb 19, 12:35 PM
    • 8,334 Posts
    • 18,063 Thanks
    kingfisherblue
    • 12th Feb 19, 12:35 PM
    • 12th Feb 19, 12:35 PM
    We went about five year ago. It's small, but fascinating (and I don't like cars!). There is so much to see in such a small space. My youngest, who loves cars, would have happily returned every day of our holiday! From what I remember, it wasn't expensive, and you can use the same ticket to return as many times as you want to throughout the year. We're in the North West, so only visited once, but if it was local my son would be there regularly. He's now 19, so not a little one.

I've just mentioned this thread to him, and he said that he would love to go back.
    • 13Kent
    • By 13Kent 12th Feb 19, 3:52 PM
    • 1,053 Posts
    • 4,040 Thanks
    13Kent
    • 12th Feb 19, 3:52 PM
    • 12th Feb 19, 3:52 PM
    We went not so long ago, not a massive place, but the cars are interesting, my eldest liked it but he's into cars, my youngest got a bit bored despite the little quiz they gave them to do on the way round. The gift shop is quite expensive. There is a cafe there and a play area suitable for younger children. If you add gift aid to your entrance fee you get a ticket that's valid for 12 months. We did that but didn't return!

• bishopsgirl
    • By bishopsgirl 12th Feb 19, 7:23 PM
    • 1,718 Posts
    • 6,968 Thanks
    bishopsgirl
    • 12th Feb 19, 7:23 PM
    • 12th Feb 19, 7:23 PM
    My partner. who loves cars and bikes, went last year and really enjoyed his visit. He was really impressed by many of the exhibits.

I have to admit I sat outside in the sun and read a book. Vehicles are not my thing at all.

He has kept his ticket and if we are in the area again this year he will use it to visit again.
    Be Lucky Everyone
    • Murphybear
    • By Murphybear 13th Feb 19, 12:23 PM
    • 4,381 Posts
    • 8,481 Thanks
    Murphybear
    • 13th Feb 19, 12:23 PM
    • 13th Feb 19, 12:23 PM
    Thanks all, lots of positive comments. I went to Beaulieu years ago, when I also lived in the area and really enjoyed that.

Haynes is only 8 miles from us so I expect we'll get round to going this year
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,703Posts Today

8,905Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Right back to self imposed twitter exile until Thur - trying to be off work (not v successfully)

• Too painful to talk about. That result really was offsensive. For rancid cheese & onion to beat powerful salt & v? https://t.co/FJchchPk0o

• If you think this hypothetical's bad, here's some of my past polls - Which past PM would u resurrect to aid politi? https://t.co/N61QGBOJ6b

• Follow Martin