PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• Towser
    Towser Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    Options
    I got my fix again.
    Today:
    Cancer £4 Leather belt
    Hospice £3 RJR Cap
    Hospice outlet £ 2 Shirt
    Blue Cross £3.95 Linen John Lewis shirt - bargain very nice item
    Tip Re-use shop 10p tennis ball
  • SophieLoui23
    Options
    Miro, that’s Ted Baker coat sounded like an incredible find. Shame it didn’t fit you... sounds perfect and the right size for me! Bet it will have gone by now mind...
  • MiroMark2
    Options
    Miro, that’s Ted Baker coat sounded like an incredible find. Shame it didn’t fit you... sounds perfect and the right size for me! Bet it will have gone by now mind...

Nope, it was still there yesterday! Martin House Hospice shop- Headingley. It is soooo teeny tiny, that's the problem I think.
  • Towser
    Towser Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    Options
    I got my fix again.
    Today: Tip Re-use shop.
    Huge ceramic plant pot and Peppa Pig book £2
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    <finds herself checking thread to see if Miro's OK - for a given value of username, yes & finding myself awed at all your finds!>
  • MiroMark2
    Options
    MiroMark2 wrote: »
    Nope, it was still there yesterday! Martin House Hospice shop- Headingley. It is soooo teeny tiny, that's the problem I think.

Update: Checked this afty and it's gone:(
  • kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I popped into my local c/s on a whim & managed to get a barely used small Radley handbag for £12.50!!!
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
  • SophieLoui23
    Options
    That’s a shame but I’ll be keeping an eye out for designer finds from now on!
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 14 February 2019 at 2:35PM
    Options
    Not a cs win, but in a clearing out at work, an A3 guillotine was surplus to requirements & I persuaded those in charge to make a donation to scouts as cutting letters for distribution is one if those Forth Bridge tasks & the right tool will encourage our Young Leaders no end!
    Blinking heavy...
    Foresee new line in risk assessment - use on flat surface, do not drop on foot!
  • MiroMark2
    Options
    Travelled a little further afield today and called into 15 charity shops in total and found absolutely nothing of interest! (Spotted loads of Denby tho :p) Was surprised at the difference in prices....much dearer than my local patch. Primark top well past its best £7.50 for e.g. :eek: Mind you the inhabitants were very friendly and polite, never had so many doors held open for me. I'm getting a bit fed up of all the upselling they seem to do now in the chazzas.....'would you like to buy a raffle ticket, a ticket for the fashion show, our charity pin?' Nearly as bad as the bloomin' Post Office!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure