Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ade1982
    • By ade1982 12th Feb 19, 2:02 PM
    • 59Posts
    • 16Thanks
    ade1982
    0 WOW
    Asda substitution help (part of an offer)
    • 12th Feb 19, 2:02 PM
    0 WOW
    Asda substitution help (part of an offer) 12th Feb 19 at 2:02 PM
    Hi All,

I've just received confirmation that tonight's delivery will have a substitution in it. Unfortunately it's part of their 15 Valentine's Meal Deal, and it's the main course.

I am wondering if we say no to the substitution and they refund us, will they then charge us for the individual parts of the meal, or will they literally just refund the part of the meal that we don't want.

so the main meal is 7, and the saving is 8. Will they just refund us 7, or charge us as if the meal deal wasn't complete, which comes to 1 more.

Can't phone ASDA, in work!

Ta
Page 1
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 12th Feb 19, 2:28 PM
    • 13,668 Posts
    • 42,612 Thanks
    sarah1972
    • 12th Feb 19, 2:28 PM
    • 12th Feb 19, 2:28 PM
    Hi All,

I've just received confirmation that tonight's delivery will have a substitution in it. Unfortunately it's part of their 15 Valentine's Meal Deal, and it's the main course.

I am wondering if we say no to the substitution and they refund us, will they then charge us for the individual parts of the meal, or will they literally just refund the part of the meal that we don't want.

so the main meal is 7, and the saving is 8. Will they just refund us 7, or charge us as if the meal deal wasn't complete, which comes to 1 more.

Can't phone ASDA, in work!

Ta
    Originally posted by ade1982
    Thats happened to me before and they credited me the price of the individual item.

I then called the next day and explained and they credited me the difference.

It's happened since and I sent the whole meal deal back as it was easier.

Last week I went back to Asda for the first time in years and my whole ordered was cancelled as they didnt have enough subs for the beer I ordered !!! Wont be going back to them in a hurry.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,659Posts Today

8,856Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Right back to self imposed twitter exile until Thur - trying to be off work (not v successfully)

• Too painful to talk about. That result really was offsensive. For rancid cheese & onion to beat powerful salt & v? https://t.co/FJchchPk0o

• If you think this hypothetical's bad, here's some of my past polls - Which past PM would u resurrect to aid politi? https://t.co/N61QGBOJ6b

• Follow Martin