BBQ propane

A few years ago I picked up a BBQ from freecycle and a 6Kg Propane Cylinder for £12.99 from Gas Deal Direct. I've moved to London and they don't deliver hear. Shopping around I'm seeing prices around £90 for a new propane tank around 10-15kg. Smaller tanks don't offer much savings.

The best I've found in London is a BP/Flogas Light 10kg for £74.99 from BBQ Gas London.
Has anyone found a better deal?

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,888 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 5 February 2019 at 4:54PM
    Its all about the deposit on new gas canisters unfortunately (as you never technically own the bottle), the actual gas isn't at all bad in price.

What I did was advertise on facebook asking if anyone had an old canisters that they didn't want and managed to get one free (it doesn't matter what colour or type of gas the old canister is as you can swap any calor gas coloured bottle for any other coloured bottle)

I got a red calor gas bottle free and then went and 'swapped' it for my Green gas bottle that I use for my barbecue and it costs £30 for 15kg.

So now I have 2 15kg bottles and when one is empty I go and get it filled for £30 and use my backup as a spare.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • That's a good suggestion. I will try posting on my local group.
  • sarah1972
    silk186 wrote: »
    That's a good suggestion. I will try posting on my local group.

Its worth a try, I tried my free cycle local group, I also posted it just on my facebook page and on the local buy and sell.

Some people have one knocking around in their garden that they would be happy for you to take away for them.

Good Luck !
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • I made a post to my local FB group and have 5 offers within a few minutes.
    Thanks for the suggestion!
  • sarah1972
    silk186 wrote: »
    I made a post to my local FB group and have 5 offers within a few minutes.
    Thanks for the suggestion!

Perfect ! I find that the price of gas is very similar everywhere around where I live give or take a couple of pounds,
  • I'm waiting to hear from someone that has offered 2 tank just down the road from me. Meanwhile, I spotted an abandoned tank down the road from me and grabbed it. Hopefully, I can get something from returning multiple tanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure