Outfox the Market reviews: add your feedback

Comments

• Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,857 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Do Outfox the Market do monthly bill statements as standard?

IF you read your meter once a month as asked and submit your readings when requested then that's what they give you a monthly statement.

Moved to them 28/02/18 and I have had 3 statements, 27/03,27/04,27/05
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post

It seems that monthly subscription fees (which are mandatory as part of their energy tariffs) do not form part of the fixed tariff price and can be increased at their will ? I suspect this is the genius of their business model. In theory I guess they could increase this by any amount at any time ?

And that is exactly why I decided not to go with them.
  • MABLE wrote: »

It seems that monthly subscription fees (which are mandatory as part of their energy tariffs) do not form part of the fixed tariff price and can be increased at their will ? I suspect this is the genius of their business model. In theory I guess they could increase this by any amount at any time ?

And that is exactly why I decided not to go with them.

You can leave without penalty too. They are a lot cheaper for me than any other provider. They sorted out the statement issue for me too.
  • wild666
    wild666 Posts: 2,117 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    NB58 what I do if it goes wrong is issue what I call a notice of intention, you give them a set period, 14 or 21 days to comply or you issue legal proceedings against them on the following day, 15 or 22, check email and that day mail if possible to see if they haven't crossed. Then you don't stop even if they sort it at a later date you proceed for out of pocket expenses and compensation. I do quite a few and haven't failed yet.
    I am composing one now for Bradley Goodfellow the head of operations at OFTM, I gave him permission to contact my old provider and ask for a complete reading of the free time & standard reading then add them together or face legal action if they don't sort it in 21 days as soon as it's sorted I am leaving them I would rather pay a bit more than get messed about by them for months or years on end.
    Someone please tell me what money is
  • NeilW
    NeilW Posts: 143 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    So far so good from my perspective. The statements are supposed to be issued monthly but may not show up. At which point you get on the webchat and one of the operators generates a bill for you there and then. It appeared instantly once the button had been pressed.

Don't expect silver service from OFTM. It's very much a no frills experience. If it goes well then you'll get cheap '100% green' electricity for not a lot of money.
  • Scatty
    Scatty Posts: 135 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    wild666 wrote: »
    NB58 what I do if it goes wrong is issue what I call a notice of intention, you give them a set period, 14 or 21 days to comply or you issue legal proceedings against them on the following day, 15 or 22, check email and that day mail if possible to see if they haven't crossed. Then you don't stop even if they sort it at a later date you proceed for out of pocket expenses and compensation. I do quite a few and haven't failed yet.
    I am composing one now for Bradley Goodfellow the head of operations at OFTM, I gave him permission to contact my old provider and ask for a complete reading of the free time & standard reading then add them together or face legal action if they don't sort it in 21 days as soon as it's sorted I am leaving them I would rather pay a bit more than get messed about by them for months or years on end.

As you know, we are in this boat together! I am still awaiting them agreeing that the readings SHOULD be added together so I'm watching your journey with interest.
    Woohoohoohooooooooo
  • kfdub
    kfdub Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Anniversary
    Wow - after reading all the feedback here, I'm now sure I won't make a switch to them. Big thanks for all the experiences and concerns posted.
  • editor1
    editor1 Posts: 287 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Switched early April, thus far no issues and now saving a fair bit according to MSE Energy Club as took out the January 18 month fixed deal, which ends in October 2019 - now not on offer.

Its no frills, their service ain't as bad as some have made out and over the contract we'll save about £400 compared with today's prices.

Not more i can add, but prefer my folks paying £85.00 a month, compared with £110 a month with First Utility or Ovo.

If it goes pear shaped, well, we'll cross that bridge when it happens.
  • WhoIsThat
    WhoIsThat Posts: 234 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    wild666 wrote: »
    I am composing one now for ************* [Removed] the head of operations at OFTM, I gave him permission to contact my old provider and ask for a complete reading of the free time & standard reading then add them together or face legal action if they don't sort it in 21 days as soon as it's sorted I am leaving them I would rather pay a bit more than get messed about by them for months or years on end.

Well 11 days on, and so only 3-10 days left, it seems you are up for your first failure
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5861175

Especially as they have given you a task that will take at least 7 days for you to complete.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • 68KevC
    68KevC Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Anniversary
    I signed up to cheap energy club. I've been with EDF for as long I can remember and decided a change is as good as a rest and opted to go OFTM as everywhere I'm being encouraged to ditch the big 6. Signed up yesterday and my switch date is 25July. Great website, very easy and visually good. Had I read this forum I might have decided not to but too late now and googling gave generally good feedback.
    Will see how it goes and post any drama good or bad back here.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback