Fantastic tradition for little ones

Comments

• thanks for name links. the magical elf site (one that you can buy them from) has got is elf stories of mischief up and working again
    due to spilling coffee :coffee: on my keyboard it works when it wants to :rotfl:

member 1254 sealed pot 4
  • Our elf arrived in the post today !!!
    I am now decorating a sweet tin to make it look like a little postbox, making an elf passport and sleeping bag, and a letter and DVD from :santa2: to introduce the elf !!
    I'm so excited, it's like being a kid at Christmas all over again :j
  • Jammygal
    Jammygal Posts: 1,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    When are all your elves going to appear????
  • We are making the DVD and letter from Santa over the weekend and they will arrive on Monday with the advent calendars !!
    I can't wait !!
  • Jammygal
    How are you going to do the dvd???
  • We have a facility for making video's on our digital camera (it will record for as long as there is enough memory. we have a 2GB card so will be plenty.
    I'll then just burn it onto a DVD using the PC.
    It won't be up there with Spielberg but our son will think it's brilliant !!
  • so what are you putting on the dvd? where are you filming it? if i was to do this i would have to goto a local park etc as my kids would recognise anywhere in my house.

my "dwarf" arrived today, although it had shop tags on it it smelt of smoke, so it has been chucked in washing machine. i will add his bells n bits once dry. his passport is made, as are the elf reports and the letter from santa. i have made an elf journal for me to write in and add pics to etc. i have also made a bag of "magic elf snow" (hole punched paper and polystyrene bean bag balls, sealed in a plastic bag). that the kids need to include in his sleeping bag every night to remind him of home! it means that i donthave to pick all the balls bits of paper up daily from floor. the elf rules are done as well.
    due to spilling coffee :coffee: on my keyboard it works when it wants to :rotfl:

member 1254 sealed pot 4
  • so what are you putting on the dvd? where are you filming it? if i was to do this i would have to goto a local park etc as my kids would recognise anywhere in my house.

my "dwarf" arrived today, although it had shop tags on it it smelt of smoke, so it has been chucked in washing machine. i will add his bells n bits once dry. his passport is made, as are the elf reports and the letter from santa. i have made an elf journal for me to write in and add pics to etc. i have also made a bag of "magic elf snow" (hole punched paper and polystyrene bean bag balls, sealed in a plastic bag). that the kids need to include in his sleeping bag every night to remind him of home! it means that i donthave to pick all the balls bits of paper up daily from floor. the elf rules are done as well.

What did you make a sleeping bag with. Love the idea of the elf snow. Might borrow that if that is ok.

Our Elf is arriving on Monday (1st Dec) that is if he arrives from America in time (i really hope he gets here tom or sat i did pay for piority postage!) :rolleyes:

I have printed letter from santa, elf passport and elf reports.

What kind of reports have you all printed out to report back to Father Christmas. Also what are you writing in your letters back to father christmas??

Does anyone know where i can find a coat for our elf so he can walk to school etc with us. He measures 16 inches from top to toe:

Cheers

Elf.jpg
    Member of Thrifty Gifty ~ Making money for Christmas 2010:
    £2 Savers club member no 40 ~ £54
    Amazon Vouchers BingoPort ~ £10
    Dooyoo Challenge Jan ~ £24.07 / £20.00 Yippee over target :j
  • Jammygal
    so what are you putting on the dvd? where are you filming it? if i was to do this i would have to goto a local park etc as my kids would recognise anywhere in my house.

quote]

That's what I am intrigued by as well ;)
  • feel free to copy the snow idea. if you go to magical elf site the sell pots of it for i think $17 (and if you read on the site it is hole punched paper!) as i said i hole punched somepaper, and added some polystyrene (small) balls, got a plastic bag (bit bigger than money bag, had sequins in) and put them all in it. i wrote on the bag in permant marker pen "megic elf snow" and then put seloptape over all 4 sides and the writing. I am NOT pickingup loose balls of snow every day.

DSCF2488.jpg

the elf reports are A5 thereabouts, they have name, age, boy/girl at the top, then a bit that says report notes and laods of lines, at the bottom it says additional notes for santa, leave presents yes/no signed........ elf.

sleeping bag - i've stitched a flannel to make a pocket, BUT i am open to other peoples ideas to make it better.

member 1254 sealed pot 4
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport